OT: A book suggestion...

JBecker

• Members

Yeah, read the whole Narnia series over a weekend. Yes, they're children's books, and they're very short/simple, but I still can't think of grander, more awe-inspiring setting than the one put forward by C.S. Lewis in those novels. Start with The Magician's Nephew, then go from there.

• Members

Yeah, read the whole Narnia series over a weekend. Yes, they're children's books, and they're very short/simple, but I still can't think of grander, more awe-inspiring setting than the one put forward by C.S. Lewis in those novels. Start with The Magician's Nephew, then go from there.

the Prydain (Black Cauldron, there was an animated kids movie that came out based on those) books were also kids books, but very good

• Members

I never read Narnia. Cosmic trilogy isn't really a kids book though it does have a lot of his fantasy scenes and characters but otherwise its much more mature thematically, the writing and length/content.

• Members

The Time Traveler's Wife

and

Winter's Tale

Those are among my favorites right now. Anyways, these other books posted are probably cooler and my suggestion is best gone overlooked - as usual.

The Time Traveler's Wife is actually next to my toilet in the queue to be read.

Archived