problem mixing alot songs to sound alike...

freakk guitarist

• Members

hey guys hopefully u can help me find a solution. ive been recording my band for the past year on and off, some songs are really old, some are new..very new. all the guitar are reamped and 50 percent of the drum sound is sampled so tonally the album sounds the same, how do you guys go about mixing 10 songs? im asking cuz, some songs have different master buss settings, as well as different settings on everything, and some songs are 30 tracks, some are 70. should i just keep listening and remixing everything till it sounds the same? or is there a way to save everything as a template, then load the template into other songs.

btw im using logic,

• Members

I'm not a Logic guy. I use Pro Tools, Sonar, ACID Pro, and some other DAWs.

I would make each song what it needs to be, and then see where they fall in mastering. If there are any real discontinuities, you can go back and remix a song or two (or more) to make it more cohesive. Something recorded over that long a span may not lend itself to "sounding the same" unless you've voiced your instruments (and vox) similarly. In that case, you can use the same general EQ settings, compression, reverb, etc., give or take.

In Pro Tools you can import session settings. In other programs you can save FX chains or specific presets in VSTs. Look for something like that in Logic. Sorry I can't be more specific in terms of that app.

Later.

Archived