Krank Rev Jr??

BloodRose

• Members

i have one and wouldn't trade anything for it, great for the price, sounds better with celestion vintage 30's, perfect distortion, loud for 20w, it's awesome, with a ts808 up front boosting, very versatile

• Members

Thanks for the info!
How crunchy does it get? For example, I have a pv classic30 that at maximum saturation is good for classic rock. Does this go to marshall territory or beyond without using any gain pedals?
Do the stock speakers do ok or do they fart out?? I wont be able to upgrade anytime soon..

Anyone else try the Jr?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I'd love to know more about these too. Anyone??

It's the most versatile, most flexible 'practice' amp if you will, to date. You can't get any better for the money, I've gotten my most favorite band tones out of it, just by fiddling with a mxr 10 band and ts808 pedal pretty much, here's my newest video addition playing seether - like suicide on it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f-LyTfAjkI

i'd definitely recommend it, some other guy demo'd it on youtube as well,

• Members

I used one in the studio last week while tracking guitars.
The studio is friends with krank so they had a bunch of beta stuff to try out...
I did some ambient solo tracks with one, and man it was pretty cool.
Gains out nicely, as do most kranks Ive used or owned but in a really small package..
If I was to be in the need for a practice amp this would be the one...

• Members

I used one in the studio last week while tracking guitars.

The studio is friends with krank so they had a bunch of beta stuff to try out...

I did some ambient solo tracks with one, and man it was pretty cool.

Gains out nicely, as do most kranks Ive used or owned but in a really small package..

If I was to be in the need for a practice amp this would be the one...

what kinda beta stuff?

• Members

what kinda beta stuff?

THe new chadwick, 50 watt rev1, 50 watt krankenstien, and some of the pedals, one of which is the krank doubler, a A/B box and it worked so well I coudnt tell I was running two amps...

I tried a bunch of stuff out, and went with a rev1 that Ive been using for years and the jr...

THe newest rev combo 2z12 with a seperate 2x12 krank cab was really interesting, as it didnt sound like the head and 4x12 at all..

But almost all of my recordings were two tracks of a soldano/marshall mix, and two tracks of a mesa/krank mix.

In my sig is my bands myspace, and a few of the recordings are up, you can take a listen.

Ive been a krank fan for years, I know they take alot of flack on here, but they do alot for local music in AZ, and they products are excellent.

My soldano is going in to be modded by alan chadwick hopefully this week, chadwick being the designer of the chadwick amps for krank, the guy is a guitar amp guru...

• Members

THe new chadwick, 50 watt rev1, 50 watt krankenstien, and some of the pedals, one of which is the krank doubler, a A/B box and it worked so well I coudnt tell I was running two amps...

I tried a bunch of stuff out, and went with a rev1 that Ive been using for years and the jr...

THe newest rev combo 2z12 with a seperate 2x12 krank cab was really interesting, as it didnt sound like the head and 4x12 at all..

But almost all of my recordings were two tracks of a soldano/marshall mix, and two tracks of a mesa/krank mix.

In my sig is my bands myspace, and a few of the recordings are up, you can take a listen.

Ive been a krank fan for years, I know they take alot of flack on here, but they do alot for local music in AZ, and they products are excellent.

My soldano is going in to be modded by alan chadwick hopefully this week, chadwick being the designer of the chadwick amps for krank, the guy is a guitar amp guru...

i dig your music man, especially the first song

.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }

• Members
i dig your music man, especially the first song

.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }

Thanks man..........;)

• Members

It's the most versatile, most flexible 'practice' amp if you will, to date. You can't get any better for the money, I've gotten my most favorite band tones out of it, just by fiddling with a mxr 10 band and ts808 pedal pretty much, here's my newest video addition playing seether - like suicide on it

Sweet!! Thanks! Great tear up on the Les Paul! Awesome! Plus, I dig the fox shirt!! Im a former motocrosser and love fox stuff!

Yeah, Ive seen the other jr demos on you tube

• Members

How is this?? I cant seem to get any info on how it sounds.... Whats the verdict???

I want a small tube amp with a great distortion. I have a PV classic 30 that I love, but want something for those "heavy days".. haha

FWIW: The C30 takes pedals really well and/or works great with a high gain preamp in the loop.

If you just wanna give something else a roll, that makes sense too of course... but thought I'd throw that into the mix since IMHO it's probably a better option in some ways than a complete second amp.

• Members

It's the most versatile, most flexible 'practice' amp if you will, to date. You can't get any better for the money, I've gotten my most favorite band tones out of it, just by fiddling with a mxr 10 band and ts808 pedal pretty much, here's my newest video addition playing seether - like suicide on it

Both those clips sound amazing...

Archived