Clicking in the tremelo of my 65DRRI

Mikeo

• Members

Mine in not that old and I don't use it to much, but I noticed yesterday that when I went to use the tremelo there was a click click clicking sound that comes out of the speaker. The clicking does not get louder with the volume going up either, but stops when you switch off the tremelo foot switch. The speed of the click is effect by the speed control, but is not effected by intensity

I'm assuming it's in the tremelo circuit if it switches on an off with the foot switch.

I haven't have a chance to look at it yet, but was looking for some suggestions for I pull a tube or two or open it up.

I'm not sure what tube runs the tremelo, but if I were gonna take a guess on the problem I would guess a bad cap in the circuit and not a tube, but I have no idea really.

The thing is less than a year old, so I think it's under warranty, all Fender Authorized repair shops are pretty far away, don't really want to box it up and send it back to Fender If I don't have too.

I could get a local guy to look at it, he's really good and not that pricey,he'd probably cost me what it would cost in gas or shipping to send it back.

• Members

Mine in not that old and I don't use it to much, but I noticed yesterday that when I went to use the tremelo there was a click click clicking sound that comes out of the speaker. The clicking does not get louder with the volume going up either, but stops when you switch off the tremelo foot switch. The speed of the click is effect by the speed control, but is not effected by intensity

I'm assuming it's in the tremelo circuit if it switches on an off with the foot switch.

I haven't have a chance to look at it yet, but was looking for some suggestions for I pull a tube or two or open it up.

I'm not sure what tube runs the tremelo, but if I were gonna take a guess on the problem I would guess a bad cap in the circuit and not a tube, but I have no idea really.

The thing is less than a year old, so I think it's under warranty, all Fender Authorized repair shops are pretty far away, don't really want to box it up and send it back to Fender If I don't have too.

I could get a local guy to look at it, he's really good and not that pricey,he'd probably cost me what it would cost in gas or shipping to send it back.

The tremolo tube is V5 (12AX7), the second preamp tube from the left, just to the right of the phase-inverter tube (V6; 12AT7). Check that first. If it's not that, it's probably a cap.

Archived