Emperor Interview on guitarworld.com...what gear do they use??

mda96bjh

• Members

they switched to engls awhile ago and IMO they sounded like {censored}

What sounded like {censored},the Engls?

Btw. the two buzzsaws on "In the nightside eclipse" were some cheap Kramer and Ibanez guitars going through a Peavey bandit 112

• Members

What sounded like {censored},the Engls?

Btw. the two buzzsaws on "In the nightside eclipse" were some cheap Kramer and Ibanez guitars going through a Peavey bandit 112

the nightsude eclipse sound is a little tooooooooooo raw fro me

I really like the Tone from this lesson in "inno a satanas" Loads of distortion but the lead retains clarity

• Members

I think the sound fits the music, but i think the sound would suck to any other band, i also think this is a very cool guitar lesson, they got some sophisticated stuff going on (considering the style and the fact that they were very young when they wrote those tunes).

Emperor are the kings of this style, and in my opinion there are only three other bands in this leauge in this particular style (melodic, symphonic black metal that are close to Emperor

• Members

emperor is the most over rated band in black metal history...there i said it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?????????????????????????????????????????????

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:poke:

Hello???

Have u heard their stuff?? They rule!!

And i think over-rated is a tag far best left to the cradle's or even Dimmu's out there......

Emperor consistently produced atmospheric black metal without resorting to masses of synth or over-production

• Members

I agree with whomever above stated that Anthems... hasn't aged all that well - I wheeled it out the other day and it didn't really grab me as much as it used to. Some seriously grating moments of over-pomp on there and the drumming is too one-dimensional (BLAST! BLAST! BLAST!). Nightside is awesome, IX Equilibrium is seriously patchy and the other one doesn't count in my book. Great band but the relentless hero-worship gets a little tiring.

Saw them on their 'comeback' show in London last year and whilst it was a professional, well-executed performance, I've experienced more atmosphere in my local branch of Tesco. In it for the money there for sure. I really hope they don't release any new stuff - I was actually quite pleased when they quit, I think it took real balls to bow out before they tarnished their legacy. Ihsahn and Samoth clearly weren't into it any more and were heading off into vastly different (and inferior) directions and it was an honest move that demonstrated considerable integrity to call it a day. Oh well, who could resist the lure of the cash? Immortal too were reportedly paid 100,000 Euros ro headline Wacken this year. Who said you couldn't make money playing black metal?

Archived