F30 for Line 6 even trade

leftyDave

• Members

Am ii crazy . I already have a Peter JP 10 but I just started playing in a new cover band and need more flexability. GC will swap me even for my Mesa F30 for the Line 6 III 2X12 . I just don't want to buy a bunch of effects.Any input

• Members

i'd definitely try to sell the f30 and buy a used flextone...while you may be getting a decent deal on a new one that is worth $700; you also have to consider that your f30 is gonna hold steady or go up in value, while that flextone is only gonna be worth less and less over the years

• Members

Have you considered moving forward with your F-30 instead? If you're considering the Behringer MIDI foot controller, then you're not too far away from my rig - which imho is ideal for a cover band situation. My F-50 rig is set up to change sound (Rhythm/Lead/Contour + whatever FX chain I like) with a single stomp on my FCB1010. To my mind, I get the flexibility of the Line6 set up that you're considering, but with the tone of the Mesa. :cool:

hal9000Andy_sRigFinalSmallRevC.png

Big smiles,

Andy.

P.S. FWIW, I'm not a Line6 hater. I gig out regularly with my POD and my Variax, and I've used the Flextone III in anger with my FCB1010. However, there is no tonal comparison between the Line6 and the Boogie imo.

P.P.S. Check out the F-series Lounge (link in sig) for loads of tips on getting the most out of Mesa's stealth amp.

Archived