Midrange JCM800 roar out of the Engl Fireball

petejt

• Members

I have an Engl Fireball, it {censored}in kicks arse :cool::rawk: , and love it for its own unique tone.

But I would like to try and achieve that awesome boosted Marshall JCM800 midrange roar out of it, when I want to. :idea:

How do I go about this? I really don't know what to do.

Could someone please help? Fellow Engl Experts?

Thanks in advance.

• Members

I have an Engl Fireball, it {censored}in kicks arse
:cool::rawk:
, and love it for its own unique tone.

But I would like to try and achieve that awesome boosted Marshall JCM800 midrange roar out of it, when I want to.
:idea:

How do I go about this? I really don't know what to do.

Could someone please help? Fellow Engl Experts?

Thanks in advance.

Get a real amp, like teh jcm 800 :idea:

• Members

i had this amp for a little while. My fav settings fir a nice mid range kinda tone.

Gain 10 oclock it really doesnt need much maybe 11

Bass at Noon

Mids at 1 oclock to 3 o clock depending how much you want

Treble at 2 o clock

presence around 11

i never fooled with the mid heavy tones to much so this one may not be that amazing but it should serve as a really good start. The key to getting a good tone out of the fireball is dont turn the gain up to much. and the presence knob really makes a difference for cutting purposes

• Members

bright on, bass around noon or a little more, mids maxed, treble around 2-3, presence up around 7.. lots of midrange.

Funny, i don't like the fireball because of it's kinda generic voicing.. I'm just not feeling it :idea:

• Members

bright on, bass around noon or a little more, mids maxed, treble around 2-3, presence up around 7.. lots of midrange.

Funny, i don't like the fireball because of it's kinda generic voicing.. I'm just not feeling it

from, what i remember i didnt like the mids maxed all the way kinda honky i guess. also you had to be getting a {censored} ton of feedback with everything set so high like that

• Members

i had this amp for a little while. My fav settings fir a nice mid range kinda tone.

Gain 10 oclock it really doesnt need much maybe 11

Bass at Noon

Mids at 1 oclock to 3 o clock depending how much you want

Treble at 2 o clock

presence around 11

i never fooled with the mid heavy tones to much so this one may not be that amazing but it should serve as a really good start. The key to getting a good tone out of the fireball is dont turn the gain up to much. and the presence knob really makes a difference for cutting purposes

Cool, I'll try that. :cool: Thanks! :thu:

• Members

Funny, i don't like the fireball because of it's kinda generic voicing.. I'm just not feeling it

I'll try that too.

A month ago I ordered an Alto Q 5-band parametric EQ, which I planned to use with my MarkIV in the effects loop for an alternate EQ setting. Now I reckon I'll use it with the Fireball to boost the midrange and control the honk.

• Members

I'll try that too.

A month ago I ordered an Alto Q 5-band parametric EQ, which I planned to use with my MarkIV in the effects loop for an alternate EQ setting. Now I reckon I'll use it with the Fireball to boost the midrange and control the honk.

i unfotunatly never got to play the fireball with an eq though i thought it was the key to unlocking its true potential. i just wanted a little bit more low mids and it would be {censored}ing sick. i played it through a vader 4x12 {censored}ing rediculous

• Members

I've got a Powerball and I dicked around with it to see if I could get a JCM800-ish tone outta it, and to be honest, you just can't.

I think i'll just buy a Zvex Box of Rock and stick it through the clean channel. Works out cheaper than buying a JCM800 head :p

• Members

Ive had good results cranking the gain on the clean channel or setting the gain low on the clean channel and using pedals for a lower gain tone. IMO no matter where you set the gain & eq on the fireball's lead channel, it's all nuclear meltdown all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have my Alto Q 5-band Parametric EQ (in the fx loop) and it does WONDERS!!

So much to play around with!

When I get back from work I'll start trying to get that raaauugghhrrring JCM800 midrange. It will take a bit of work though.

Archived