Question about DRRI: how to get Normal channel reverb?

joegrant413

• Members

Hey folks,

Just bought a Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue Friday, and I'm loving it so far:thu:

Although I like both channels, I'd really like to get the DRRI reverb on the Normal channel. And I would rather not make any mods at this point.

Does this do it....

plug guitar into normal channel, input 2...run a guitar/efffect cable from reverb channel input 1 to normal channel input 1, make sure volume is set lower on reverb channel then it is on normal channel as these channels are not in phase

... or are there better, easy ways?

Thanks,

-- Joe

• Members

Hey folks,

plug guitar into normal channel, input 2...run a guitar/efffect cable from reverb channel input 1 to normal channel input 1, make sure volume is set lower on reverb channel then it is on normal channel as these channels are not in phase

I just tried it and it works. I've know somewhere I did something like this before... where basically a signal is passed being input jacks. (Of course, never mess with power amp output signals, you can fry something :freak:)

The results was pretty good. I turned down the vibrato channel volume, and turned the reverb up, and turned the normal channel up. So, this dancing bear dances; I just need to figure out if it dances well enough to be worthwhile.

The other thing that immediately occurred to me is I could trying put an OD pedal in between the two channels. With the OD pedal output going to the Normal channel, I *think* that would result in only the Normal channel getting the overdrive.

Anyway, thanks for the tips so far! :wave:

-- Joe

Archived