Official Ceriatone Club

Kitarist

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
so what should I go for...the 5E3 circuit or the dumble clone?

Sorry to say that but only you can decide. :)

Listen to the clips really closely and decide what is more you... Overtone is a beast, versatile with a lot of options and on the other hand, 5E3 is an amp which screams passion, to me at least. 5E3 has this ability to reflect the state of your soul very nicely.

What ever you decide rest assured, you'll end up with an awesome amp.
;)

• Members
Sorry to say that but only you can decide.
:)

Listen to the clips really closely and decide what is more you... Overtone is a beast, versatile with a lot of options and on the other hand, 5E3 is an amp which screams passion, to me at least. 5E3 has this ability to reflect the state of your soul very nicely.

What ever you decide rest assured, you'll end up with an awesome amp.

;)

true that..it's so hard though.haha. I wish I could play each of them first.

• Members

Ahhh YES! the last time I checked these things out, they decided to call it quits on the Overtone. It's good to see they're going to keep on making those bad mamajammaz.

I've been wanting something pretty loud and clean, but can still get some thick overdrive going on, any suggestions? mainly for a tele and an sg. I thought maybe the dc30? plexi? overtone?

• Members

i hvae been obsessed with ordering one of these and building it all by myself (sell, maybe with a little help!!!) but i have no idea what im doing....HELP!!!!!!!
anyways, for those of you that have built a CERIATONE amp, how was it? hard?
right now i am practicing my soldering....what else do i need to be able to do?
the instructions are all i really need right?

• Members
i hvae been obsessed with ordering one of these and building it all by myself (sell, maybe with a little help!!!) but i have no idea what im doing....HELP!!!!!!!

anyways, for those of you that have built a CERIATONE amp, how was it? hard?

right now i am practicing my soldering....what else do i need to be able to do?

the instructions are all i really need right?

The problem is not with building the amp, all you need is a layout and that's it. The problem is when something goes wrong (and it will). In order to troubleshoot you'll need more than a soldering skills.
Besides, building an amp can be a dangerous thing, so if you don't know nothing about the amp (how it works), I would rather let Nik build one for you.
... or start reading some books.
;)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I just got my 2203 today and it kicks ass. It is very quiet when playing at louder volumes which was a nice surprise. The tone is superb and I can get all of those tones I have looking for. It also has a nice clean sound from the low input channel...not fender cleans but very nice. I only played it for 10 minutes so I will post some more on it after I play it some more.