Equalizer(s).. =Magic?

Jopop

• Members

Synthetic? With my amps it just gives more eq'ing options, though I would say boost pedals like the Bad Monkey (which I use and like) can make things sound a little more artificial with some setups.

I guess i should have elaborated. If your trying to get that low end oomph by boosting the low end with an eq i think you may be barking up the wrong tree. Trying to add frequencies to something that is lacking the TONE you desire isnt going to get you that tone.

I used to us an eq religiously and eventually took it out because i seemed to focus more on getting the frequencies i wanted and not the tone i wanted, and the tone sounded synthetic.

Nothing sounds better for chugs then a boosted recto though. Back off the gain on the amp and throw the boost on, man it can tear your face off. Without the boost...not so much. Just a thought. I was trying to recommend something else as a solution for his problem.

• Members

A fish'n'chips is closer to $80 here. Yeah, i want it to bring out some more in the 400hz range and maybe some in the lower extremes (50-80hz) to see how it'll work out.

Boosting 50-80hz on a guitar is usually a bad idea. Unless you're playing by yourself, that will create serious mud between you and the bass player/kick drum.

Archived