Celestion Blues are awesome!

Myxolidian

• Members
since i cant afford the ac30 with the two blues, i figured when i get mine (tomorrow) i can swap out one of the warfdales for a blue. how do you think that would sound?

I think you're better off buying without the Blues and retrofitting anyway. Looks like it's around $600 difference between a Blue loaded Vox and a Wharf loaded Vox. You can get 2 Blues from Avatar for less than $500 and sell the Wharfdales for whatever and come out a couple $ ahead.

• Members
I've been very tempted just because the blues sound sooo good!
:p

That is an intersting question! I dont know! I will set the cabs side by side and find out. as I always used the blues for the gretsch 6120.. and the splawn/elmwood on the Scums.. I will give it a shot this week. I will have to cover the H75's.. I will let you know
:thu:

how do they sound compared to your greenbacks? warmer mids?

Yeah, they're a little warmer. Actually, fuller might be a better word since they're still bright. I'm just really stoked with these speakers (as if you couldn't tell). LOL.

You're killin' me with the Gretsch. I'm really gassin' for a Setzer Hot Rod with the TV Jones pups.

• Members

let me know about that, because I'm thinking about getting the 4x12 vox cab and swapping out two of the wharfedales and putting my blues in there in an X pattern. I'm interested in what that woudl sound like.

i shall keep you updated. im kinda excited about that because to my understanding the warfdales are a little more trebly, so it might be a great mix. i do like the warfdales though. they are good speakers.

Archived