Iron Maiden Powerslave-Somewhere in Time-7th Son of a 7th Son appreciation thread

Jakem

• Members
Up the Irons...nothing reminds me more of the best years of my life than these 3 discs (plus Live After Death)
:thu:
and well played!

Nice! It's amazing how one can remember some periods in his/her life by listening to the albums which were in heavy rotation back then. :cool

• Members
What took you so long, Mark???
:cop:

Songs are killer on SIT as are on Powerslave and SSOASS too. ,,/

of course, songs are killer on them all, it's just that SIT has a different "feel" to it for me. I think maiden used different amps (GK) on that SIT and the whole synths etc just make the album to be a great production to me.

• Members
of course, songs are killer on them all, it's just that SIT has a different "feel" to it for me. I think maiden used different amps (GK) on that SIT and the whole synths etc just make the album to be a great production to me.

Yep!:thu:

• Members
poster.jpg

757.jpg
In an historic first, Iron Maiden, their 60-strong crew and support staff and over 12 tons of equipment will be travelling around the world en masse for the first leg of the tour in a specially commissioned and converted Astraeus Boeing 757 decorated with Maiden and Eddie designs! Vocalist Bruce Dickinson, who is a qualified Airline Captain flying for Astraeus Airlines, will pilot the plane on its epic mission, flying over 50,000 miles.

Comments Bruce Dickinson, "We had the idea last year of converting a jumbo jet into effectively what would be a flying 113 ton 'splitter bus' for touring and we have been working seriously on it ever since. It's pretty complex but in the end we were able, with a lot of help from Astraeus Airlines, to overcome all the technicalities of customising the plane for our purposes. We are taking out the back 10 rows of seats to fit in a customised cargo hold that we can use again in the future if this jaunt works. This is in addition to all the standard storage holds. By taking band, personnel and equipment in one form of transport it makes all the touring so much easier and overcomes the logistical difficulty of people and equipment going in different planes. We can even work out exactly how big our carbon footprint is and take care of that responsibility! We will be packing as much of the show into the plane as we possibly can for this first leg and intend to give the fans something very special to remember. And it allows me to combine 2 of my greatest passions, music and flying!!

AWESOME!

• Members

Me being an old fart have seen Iron Maiden three times, Once at Castle Donington in Emgland and two times during the Live after Death tour.....Amazing is all I can say. Their sound was so tight that I was in awe of the entire concert each time. (I may have had some help with the awe) but, we won't discuss that here....lmao:cop:

• Members
PowerSlave.jpg

im%20somew..jpg

Seventh-Son-Of-A-Seventh-Son.jpg

Man, I sooo loved Derek Riggs "Eddie" album art. I remember as a kid, when a new Maiden album would come out, my older brother would buy it almost immediately and we'd all play the album and just pore over the artwork while listening to the tunes. This was back in the Vinyl day, so the album covers and liners were huge by modern standards. :love:

Seventh Son is just so brilliant. May be my favorite Maiden album but it is hard to decide.

• Members
awesome albums...I saw 7th son tour when I was still in high school. Guns and Roses were supposed to open the tour (yuch) but were replaced by megadeth.

Yeah man, same here. Saw them at Donnington 88 with 'deth, gnr, and the soft metal of DLR with Vai, Kiss and Helloween. :lol: Sadly that was the best gig I think I've been to and I'm far from a Maiden fanboy. :cry:

Iron Maiden, Killers & Somewhere In Time albums = my best 3. But the first 7 are all good.

• Members
Man, I sooo loved Derek Riggs "Eddie" album art. I remember as a kid, when a new Maiden album would come out, my older brother would buy it almost immediately and we'd all play the album and just pore over the artwork while listening to the tunes. This was back in the Vinyl day, so the album covers and liners were huge by modern standards.
:love:

Seventh Son is just so brilliant. May be my favorite Maiden album but it is hard to decide.

Nice! :cool:

I can't understand how some people buy music from iTunes etc. One doesn't get the booklet which is a must, IMO.

Archived