VHT Fatbottom vs Diezel front-loaded 4x12

J2

• Members

For those who have tried both cabs, which did you like better and why? Which is tighter, more focused, more immediate?

(I'd preferably like to hear from someone who has tried v30s in both.)

• Members

tighter, more focused, more immediate

I haven't played either cab but I did do some research on the front loaded diezel cab before I bought my rear-loaded model. The quoted words above basically describe my understanding of front-loaded diezel cabs though.

• Members

I actually had a VHT GS cab about 10 years ago, I remember it being super-tight but that's all I remember about it.

I tried a Diezel front-loaded cab a year ago and loved it, but the time span between trying each of them is too long to be able to remember which is better.

That's why I'm hoping somebody who is more familiar with the both of them or who has at least tried both recently will chime in with their opinion.

• Members

I owned both at the same time.

The Diezel straight Front mount is the tightest, stiffest, most inyourface, directional cab I've ever heard. Go ahead and turn the bass all the way up, it won't wart.

The VHT cab is about 75% as tight, but much more musical. warmer too.

Exactly the answer we want, thanks.

Now, what speakers did your cabs have in them ? V30s in the Diezel and P50s in the VHT ? I don't find the P50s to be particularly tight.

• Members

I have found the Dieael cab to be tighter and better over all. My VHT cab tends to fart out a bit. It is very focused but can't handle the low end like the Diezel can. I have front loaded diezel cabs with V-3's as well as some prototype speakers that Diezel will be using in the future instead of the Emi's.

Was that you that mentioned a newly designed Diezel front loaded cab coming out soon ?

If so, whats the difference to the old one ?

• Members

Exactly the answer we want, thanks.

Now, what speakers did your cabs have in them ? V30s in the Diezel and P50s in the VHT ? I don't find the P50s to be particularly tight.

VHT = P50E's (BTW, I have owned it when they weren't broken in at all, AND when they are now pretty much broken in)

Diezel = X pattern, P50E + G12H30

Also

Diezel = X pattern, P50E + G12T75.

I thought the 75's sounded smoother than the h30 which had a HARSH midrange in the diezel. maybe they wren't broken in.

Archived