It is official, I am now a Mark Cameron Fanboy

mctallica1

• Members

Received my first Cameron modded Marshall late last week and immediately bought a second!

First is an early JCM800 modded with the Aldrich mod, mid switch, bass/resonance knob, fat/bright switch, master pull pot (not real sure what that does) and gain pull pot and an added effects loop

FREAKING killer tone!!!!

I have found THE amp that hits the hybrid RTL/Black Album/Something Wicked tone that has been in my head for a long time. I know these amps can nail a wide range of rock/metal tones, but hot damn does it do my kind of thrash tone to a tee!

FWIW, this amp even made me want to play leads!!!! I haven't wanted to play a lead since the early 90's:eek:

Absolutely incredible amp and it sounds huge at even loooooow volume.

Could not be happier.

Immediately after polaying this one, I saw another Aldrich for sale and jumped on that one as well....it should be here later this week.

The second JCM800 has: Bass/resonance knob, some added gain over a regular Aldrich mod and an effects loop. Can't wait to jam on this one as well!

Between the Cameron Modded Marshalls and my Gutierrez guitars, I am in tonal heaven:cool:

• Members

The Camerons were loaned to me from a friend...... I only had a few days with each of them.... :(

I can honestly say I'm a Mesa Mark series guy through and through but the Camerons, DEFINETELY changed my mind about Marshalls, I'm actually building a Super Lead Clone, and gonna mod it myself, all because of that Cameron Jose.... I GOT to learn how to tweak those amps. :D

As far as actually getting your hands on one, keep your eyes pealed, They dont come around alot but they do pop up, also keep an eye on eBay and Rig-Talk. Cameron also has his own line of amps coming out soon, and I would LOVE to get my hands on one.

My dream amp would be a Cameron 3 channel head with a killer clean, the Jose HG and Aldrich. But....1. I cant afford it, 2. I'm not sure Marks modding anymore amps with his own line coming out, I'm sure he's too busy.

• Members

ya we need clips and were do you buy these as i have been wanting to get one is there a website i looked but couldnt find anything

Keep your eyes peeled here, rigtalk, TGP and Ebay.

When one does pop up, they don't last long.

FWIW, before scoring these 2, I just missed on right about 6 of them (got to the seller too late).

The production amps should be out soon from what I hear.

I like to have a clean tone as well and am torn between gettign a production amp at some point or getting (ANOTHER:freak:) JC120 to A/B with the Camerons.

• Members

clips ?

Sorry man...I have never recorded outside a studio...and haven't done that in about 7 years. One of these days I will learn how to record using my computer, but truth be told, I am a bit intimidated by the whole process. And... based on some of the discussions I have seen it looks like it can be frustrating to get all the variables to work out properly.

• Members

ya we need clips and were do you buy these as i have been wanting to get one is there a website i looked but couldnt find anything

Hey Syn Harvest,

If you're serious about having your Marshall amp modded by one of the best amp techs around, here is the link to Mark Cameron's website:

http://www.cameronamplifiers.com/

If you get your amp modded, please post a clip so I can check it out. I have an Rocktron/Egnater Vendetta tube amp head & a '92 Marshall 6101 1x12 combo amp or else I'd buy one of the Cameron amp heads.

Guitar George

• Members

Hey Syn Harvest,

If you're serious about having your Marshall amp modded by one of the best amp techs around, here is the link to Mark Cameron's website:

If you get your amp modded, please post a clip so I can check it out. I have an Rocktron/Egnater Vendetta tube amp head & a '92 Marshall 6101 1x12 combo amp or else I'd buy one of the Cameron amp heads.

Guitar George

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Mark is accepting any amps to be modded for the time being

• Members

One day I will try an Aldrich. For now I'll live with my Joses/Ocean/ And modded Uber:) Marks a great guy to boot.

As for now, hes not really doing mods until the amp line gets moving along. Just finishing up the stuff he has laying around, and getting the new CCV's (Jose)out the door, and prepping the design of the CCM's(Aldrich) for NAMM. Hope it does well since Mark is a great guy. I wish him the best.

• Members

Received my first Cameron modded Marshall late last week and immediately bought a second!

First is an early JCM800 modded with the Aldrich mod, mid switch, bass/resonance knob, fat/bright switch, master pull pot (not real sure what that does) and gain pull pot and an added effects loop

FREAKING killer tone!!!!

I have found THE amp that hits the hybrid RTL/Black Album/Something Wicked tone that has been in my head for a long time. I know these amps can nail a wide range of rock/metal tones, but hot damn does it do my kind of thrash tone to a tee!

FWIW, this amp even made me want to play leads!!!! I haven't wanted to play a lead since the early 90's:eek:

Absolutely incredible amp and it sounds huge at even loooooow volume.

Could not be happier.

Immediately after polaying this one, I saw another Aldrich for sale and jumped on that one as well....it should be here later this week.

The second JCM800 has: Bass/resonance knob, some added gain over a regular Aldrich mod and an effects loop. Can't wait to jam on this one as well!

Between the Cameron Modded Marshalls and my Gutierrez guitars, I am in tonal heaven:cool:

Yeah, Mark has a way of making a Marshall sound great.. Knows his stuff.

• Members

Yeah, Mark has a way of making a Marshall sound great.. Knows his stuff.

I believe that may be just a bit of an understatement:p

the Cameron has landed :cool::cool:

Haven't had a chance to open the box yet, but will check her out later.

T

Archived