Attn: Cell phone users look at this.

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

Cell phone numbers going public tomorrow

REMINDER....all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies tomorrow and you will start to receive sale calls.

....YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:

888-382-1222.

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time

It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

It take about 20 seconds.

• Members

I smell BS e-mail chain letter....

No, unfortunately it`s quite serious. I`ve registered every cell phone in my home. It`s a govornment registry. Basically what`s happening is the telemarketers sued saying they have the right to the numbers because it`s how their business works. The govornment said ok, but the people have a right to block you. So they set up this registry and leave it up to you to do it or not.

Eric

edit: Take all of this with a grain of salt. I`ve read the articles, but the bottom line is this. It`s just an added precaution that doesn`t cost anything.

• Members

No, unfortunately it`s quite serious. I`ve registered every cell phone in my home. It`s a govornment registry. Basically what`s happening is the telemarketers sued saying they have the right to the numbers because it`s how their business works. The govornment said ok, but the people have a right to block you. So they set up this registry and leave it up to you to do it or not.

Eric

That's for your normal phone. If you had read the stuff on the do not call website, you'd know that. The 411 service for cell phones still is not complete, and is 100% opt-in. Meaning you have to voluntarily get them to do it. It is in no way a default option.

I doubt it will see light of day any time soon, either.

• Members

From the ftc.gov website:

#

Can I register my cell phone on the National Do Not Call Registry?

Yes, you may place your personal cell phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry. The registry has accepted cell phone numbers since it opened for registrations in June 2003. There is no deadline to register a home or cell phone number on the Registry.

You may have received an email telling you that your cell phone is about to be assaulted by telemarketing calls as a result of a new cell phone number database; however, that is not the case. FCC regulations prohibit telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phone numbers. Automated dialers are standard in the industry, so most telemarketers don

• Members

Plus, the idea of spreading awareness through a chain letter is hilarious.

I'm sure you're the kind of guy who clicks every attachment in his email, too, aren't you? How sluggish is your box with all that spyware and virii running on it?

Ummm...yeah, thanks for being a dick. Read my edited post above. I know what it`s all about but like I said. It`s free added protection. Don`t do it if you don`t want, but you don`t have to be an asshole.

Eric

• Members

Ummm...yeah, thanks for being a dick. Read my edited post above. I know what it`s all about but like I said. It`s free added protection. Don`t do it if you don`t want, but you don`t have to be an ass hole.

Eric

And people like you who forward every stupid message that flies into your inbox is why are why we have so much spam.

The FTC.gov website itself even said that while you CAN register your cell phones on the do not call list, when you don't it's no big deal, and even confirmed that the email is a hoax. It's a complete waste of time to register your cell phone.

I do recommend going to donotcall.gov and registering your home phone. I haven't noticed any change at all, myself, but it's there to be used, and I use it.

• Members

And people like you who forward every stupid message that flies into your inbox is why are why we have so much spam.

The FTC.gov website itself even said that while you CAN register your cell phones on the do not call list, when you don't it's no big deal, and even confirmed that the email is a hoax. It's a complete waste of time to register your cell phone.

I do recommend going to donotcall.gov and registering your home phone. I haven't noticed any change at all, myself, but it's there to be used, and I use it.

Wow, you are a dick. But it`s easy on the interwebz isn`t it?

Of course since this is the first time I`ve ever posted anything like this and I have over 5000 posts, I guess you are right. I`m the reason that we are soooo bogged down with spam. Thanks.

Eric

• Members
Wow, you are a dick. But it`s easy on the interwebz isn`t it?

Of course since this is the first time I`ve ever posted anything like this and I have over 5000 posts, I guess you are right. I`m the reason that we are soooo bogged down with spam. Thanks.

Eric

He's a dick.

EvilMeow... shouldn't you be busy taking in people's wah pedals for mods, and never sending them back, even after they paid upfront??? Did they guy that complained about this ever get his wah pedal back???

:cop::cop::cop:

• Members

He's a dick.

EvilMeow... shouldn't you be busy taking in people's wah pedals for mods, and never sending them back, even after they paid upfront??? Did they guy that complained about this ever get his wah pedal back???

:cop:

Actually I'm still friends with Kage, he got his wah, and he's enjoying the hell out of it.

You don't know the whole situation, so you can kindly bite me.

Fact of the matter is, people who forward chain letters need to understand that it's almost as harmful as sending them out to begin with. What if the original letter had a bogus number in it that charged the user $5.99 a minute or something, while pretending to be the do not call list, and other forumites called it, and ended up wasting money?

It's happened before many, many times.

• Members

He didn't seem too happy in the thread he posted here about it saying he hadn't heard back from you in like 6 months...

:poke:
:rolleyes:

That was a long, long time ago. I had some extenuating circumstances that kept me from being able to contact him, and like it or not, it was the last thing on my mind at the time. We're friends, and I think he's a great dude. Plus, ask him how much he likes the wah. It's great sounding.

I do admit I was being an asshole to the OP, but it'd ridiculous how often these silly chain letters get spread along.

• Members

Eric

edit: Take all of this with a grain of salt. I`ve read the articles, but the bottom line is this. It`s just an added precaution that doesn`t cost anything.

I registered the week the Do Not Call list went up. It's old news. I meant the part about them releasing numbers is BS.

Archived