Ugg! A guy in Argentina bought my 5150.

MrSandMan

• Members

What? I've priced shipping stuff overseas (Australia and Britain), and it was nowhere near that, for a much bigger box (basses, actually). In both cases, it was around $150.

How did it come up being almost seven hundred dollars?

Or am I reading the post wrong?

• Members

is it even real? I swear i've had "international bidders" swoop in and win an ebay auction, just so that a certain bidder will get another shot at the item. Happened to me twice on a roland hard disk recorder I sold. Every time the price got past a certain point, someone from far away would come in and bid it up to something unreasonable.

It's like people keep 2 extra ebay accounts handy for getting something relisted every now and then...

• Members

What? I've priced shipping stuff overseas (Australia and Britain), and it was nowhere near that, for a much bigger box (basses, actually). In both cases, it was around $150.

How did it come up being almost seven hundred dollars?

I would imagine weight plays a role in there somewhere.

• Members

Now he's sending me emails asking me to correct the shipping error that $678 is too much. LOL!

My ad says "INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS PLEASE HAVE MINIMUM OF 10 POSITIVE FEEDBACKS AND EMAIL ME FOR A SHIPPING QUOTE."

LOL!

Now he's acting like he didn't know

• Members
Well, if it doesn't work out and it doesn't sell within the next 6-7 days, I'll be looking at it!

The Truckster in my sig needs to sell first... Couple people are watching it so hopefully they bite by the time the auction ends.

DUDE, your truckster wont sell because your ad says this:

I looked it over and could not find any scratches or deep smudges

LOL, people want scratches, wear, and smudges on their truckster. :thu:

• Members
DUDE, your truckster wont sell because your ad says this:

LOL, people want scratches, wear, and smudges on their truckster.
:thu:

Haha when I wrote that I kind of laughed at myself... I thought "well even if there are scratches that it didn't come with I sure as hell can't find them!"

EDIT: Hmmmm, I should take that Jack Daniels patch off of it... I want it on my next guitar!

• Members
so, whats your problem? You can ship to him. don't be a noob

shipping is shipping no matter where you send it.

If read the entire thread you'll see now he's acting all surprised that shipping is so high.. despite the disclaimer I wrote in the auction. "no bidders under 10 positives (he only has 3) and email me for a shipping quote" He didn't.

How's that a noob? My noob ass saw this coming a mile away! :freak:

• Members

Exactly. If he's willing to pay shipping, taxes, and customs fees and duties then ship it.

UGGGGGGGG!!!!!! People read this thread like that bidder read my auctions!! LMFAO!

He is NOT willing to pay. He is giving me {censored} now because of the "HIGH" shipping.

That's the point.

I bolded it in RED. "EMAIL ME FOR A SHIPPING QUOTE"

Archived