I'll describe an amp, and you'll tell me what I'm talking about

convexstone

• Members

Gain: Not too dry, not super saturated, warm, perfect combination of vintage and modern gain and tight, absolutely NO FUZZ/ BUZZ. Cleans well by rolling back volume.

Bass: Deep, no mud.

Mid: Open, warm, some aggressiveness, not sterile.

High: Smooth, warm, not sterile.

FXloop.

I need tones ranging from mellow bluesy/jazzy to hard rock almost metal.

I'm probably asking too much from one amp:cry:

but just try:thu:

• Members

Gain: Not too dry, not super saturated, warm, perfect combination of vintage and modern gain and tight, absolutely NO FUZZ/ BUZZ. Cleans well by rolling back volume.

FXloop.

Head of Nail,....Meet Hammer

http://www.petersamplification.com/index.htm

Specifically, the Polaris or Gryphon depending on what you want.

• Members

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking:love:, pair it up with a Reeves Custom 50 for high headroom cleans, perfect for me. Thanks y'all!

I've never played a Reeves, but I would HIGHLY recommend you get the Dual Channel if you go with a Peters. The Clean Channel is great. Read the descriptions at James' site. His descriptions are one of the few out there, that you can trust to be accurate.

The clean channel has high headroom, even when you set the dirt channel the way you want at comparable volume. You can also set it for some nice mild classic od stuff.

The selling point of the amp for me, was the gain channel. But the clean channel doesn't get talked about here, and it should.

• Members

FXloop.

Mesa DC-5 or F-series

• Members
I've never played a Reeves, but I would HIGHLY recommend you get the Dual Channel if you go with a Peters. The Clean Channel is great. Read the descriptions at James' site. His descriptions are one of the few out there, that you can trust to be accurate.

The clean channel has high headroom, even when you set the dirt channel the way you want at comparable volume. You can also set it for some nice mild classic od stuff.

The selling point of the amp for me, was the gain channel. But the clean channel doesn't get talked about here, and it should.

yeah, I bet the clean channel is awesome, but if I get a single channel gryphon I can have an excuse to get me another amp for clean stuff;):p

• Members

yeah, I bet the clean channel is awesome, but if I get a single channel gryphon I can have an excuse to get me another amp for clean stuff;)
:p

It's only $300 more. If you're buying a Peters and a Reeves, $300 shouldn't be a stretch. You'll thank me later.:cool:

Do you live near Jersey?

• Members

I've not played some of these amps mentioned here....but..

The Bogner Shiva EL34 might be something to check out...A lot cheaper than the XTC classic.

It has the nice low mids of a boogie, but the marshally type of break up. I've really enjoyed getting to know mine. I've had it for about a month.

Archived