Questions about rackmounts

LBCwanabe

• Members

I have a couple of questions about putting my amp in a rack.

1) My amp has rubber feet on the bottom. Do i have to remove these before i put it in the rack?

2) How much stress will be put on the ears of the unit if it is in a SKB style shock mount rack?

3) Are there any special techniques to putting modules in a rack?

Thanks for the help, Russ

• Members

I have a couple of questions about putting my amp in a rack.

1) My amp has rubber feet on the bottom. Do i have to remove these before i put it in the rack?

2) How much stress will be put on the ears of the unit if it is in a SKB style shock mount rack?

3) Are there any special techniques to putting modules in a rack?

Thanks for the help, Russ

As long as your not putting a 50 pound unit in the middle of a cheaply built 20 space rack case you should be fine.

Just make sure you place things weight accordingly.. you don't want to place the heaviest unit you have at the top.

• Members

The only time the feet would be an issue is if you're putting something under it in the rack, and it wouldn't fit. I suppose if you're putting it on the *very* bottom, the feet might prevent the holes on the rack rails from lining up with the holes in the rack ears.

Your amp *does* have rack ears, doesn't it?

I forgot to add...I like to put the rack on the floor, facing up, and lay the amp in it where I want, and then tighten the rack screws.

Archived