Peavey Classic 30 vs. Fender Deluxe Reverb RI (DRRI)

escapethefate

• Members

First, a master volume is not the same as an attenuator. You cannot get power tube breakup by cranking the channel volume and turning the master volume down, or vice versa.

Second, the C30 is a MUCH better amp than the DRRI. The DR is shrill, overly bright, icepicky (it's so icepicky that people had to come up with a mod to make it less icepicky, and even with the mod it's still too bright), doesn't have an effects loop, and isn't even close to being as versatile as the C30. The C30 is a very warm sounding amp. The DR is on my list of amps that I can't stand and wouldn't play through if they paid me to. The C30 on the other hand is a great amp.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
The DR is shrill, overly bright, icepicky (it's so icepicky that people had to come up with a mod to make it less icepicky, and even with the mod it's still too bright), doesn't have an effects loop, and isn't even close to being as versatile as the C30.

If you don't know how to setup a BF Fender amp, you might have such impression. Fortunately there were some classic players who actually managed to squeeze some tones, hence classic recordings.

It's a trade-off. I prefer one great clean sound than two not so great. Effectloop is overrated. :)

Archived