Emperor cabs?

xedgep90x

• Members

Had a good night tonight. I was hanging out with Andy from every time I die tonight. We were talking gear and shooting the {censored}. He mentioned he is using custom emperor 6x12's now. Has anyone here used them? They def look cool and they will put any speakers in them for you. I was wondering what they sound like and what makes them any better than other cabs? I'm intrigued. Thanks

• Members

Had a good night tonight. I was hanging out with Andy from every time I die tonight. We were talking gear and shooting the {censored}. He mentioned he is using custom emperor 6x12's now. Has anyone here used them? They def look cool and they will put any speakers in them for you. I was wondering what they sound like and what makes them any better than other cabs? I'm intrigued. Thanks

For one thing, they just look cool. I'm waiting on a quote on a custom 2x12. Hope they aren't astronomical.

• Members

i saw ETID a few months ago, andy and jordan were both using 2 of those emperor 6x12 cabs. they sound just ridiculously massive, every time they ring a chord you can just feel it in your gut. i saw jordan had 2 800s in his road case, didnt get a look at andys but id assume VHT Deliverance or 800s as well.

anyways, really tight and punchy sounding cabs. better than anything else out there? i dunno ive heard a similar punchy sound coming out of marshall and mesa cabs. could also be the amps they use which are naturally biting and punchy.

• Members

i saw ETID a few months ago, andy and jordan were both using 2 of those emperor 6x12 cabs. they sound just ridiculously massive, every time they ring a chord you can just feel it in your gut. i saw jordan had 2 800s in his road case, didnt get a look at andys but id assume VHT Deliverance or 800s as well.

anyways, really tight and punchy sounding cabs. better than anything else out there? i dunno ive heard a similar punchy sound coming out of marshall and mesa cabs. could also be the amps they use which are naturally biting and punchy.

Andy hasn't used vhts in a while. He's been playing a modded 79 jmp and sometimes a bad cat lately.

• Members

Andy hasn't used vhts in a while. He's been playing a modded 79 jmp and sometimes a bad cat lately.

ah cool, yeah prior to seeing them recently the last time i saw them was warped tour 2006 when i think he was using the VHTs. what mods did he do to it? just give it a master?

• Members

I'm actually looking into one of these aswell, they seem awesome! 6x12's are so badass. I would like to know more about them aswell! Did he say what kind of speakers he put in his?

• Members

i'm just curious about the impedance of a 6x12...it's gotta be in between two standard impedances...

I asked my tech about this and he pretty much explained that impedance is freq specific so as long as your are close and the amp is set lower than the cab you'll be alright. He then asked why the hell I'd want a 6x12:cool:

• Members

Nothing looks cooler than their 2x15, I love the huge ports on the front. I've been wanting to get a 4x12 and 2x15 of theirs for awhile now.

The 6x12's have 2 two different impedances in them like 4x8 ohm speakers in series/parallel and the other two speakers are 16 ohms in parallel and then you combine those all together as either 16 or 4 ohms.

• Members

I've tried them, very solid cabs. Kurt Ballou has a couple at his studio and I know Brian (Trap Them) is using 2 full stacks w/75s & 30s and they sound solid. I think the wood finishing looks awesome.

I think it would look sweet to have a head and cab finished in some stained hardwoods like that. I bet a stack of 6x12s would knock over a skyscraper.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

My quote took like 2 weeks, and I specifically said "UNLOADED"

quote comes back

$1199 w/ v30's.

their email form thingy scares me. It's 3rd party software with a sketchy privacy policy. I'm sure my email has been sold into spam oblivion.

seriously. I also don't want a cab without tolex.

:(

Archived