OT: New Guitar! But wtf...

SoCalMX70

• Members

FINALLY got my '84 Explorer Re-Issue today and it looks absolutely stunning! Too bad the setup is all screwed up! I took a few cell phone pics before I ran it down to the local guitar tech (got a show Saturday night!). He said they'd have it ready by Saturday morning. No surprise there, he normally says "a week or 2" but I always talk him into getting my stuff done quick.

01-03-08_1537.jpg

01-03-08_1538.jpg

01-03-08_1539.jpg

• Members

I'd be saving $65...

yeah it's alot but this guy has never let me down... Just have to remember never to take an amp to him
:lol:

Never again on the amp repairs! Speaking of which.... I have to take my XXX back to Andy. Ill be at your house in 45 minutos..

• Members

I'd be saving $65...

yeah it's alot but this guy has never let me down... Just have to remember never to take an amp to him

haha, I see. :)

well, yeah if you've had bad experience before setting up your own guitar then I can see why you'd be a bit squeemish to try again.

• Members

I'd be saving $65...

If he is charging you $65, and telling you that you have to wait more than 20 minuites for the setup, than he is a well skilled scammer.

See, it only takes about 15 minutes to do a setup. Not a day, not two days, or a week or two weeks. What he is thinking is (I don't feel like doing it right now, but I might have a few minutes free...in a couple of weeks...).

SCAM SCAM SCAM.

• Members

If he is charging you $65, and telling you that you have to wait more than 20 minuites for the setup, than he is a well skilled scammer.

See, it only takes about 15 minutes to do a setup. Not a day, not two days, or a week or two weeks. What he is thinking is (I don't feel like doing it right now, but I might have a few minutes free...in a couple of weeks...).

SCAM SCAM SCAM.

He might have other projects in front of him before he can get to the setup, that would be my first guess.

• Members

SCAM SCAM SCAM.

Hmmmmmm, perhaps I should take a pic of the room he works in. Then you might see all the amps, guitars, basses, and other stringed instruments in there. The place is PACKED right now.

NOT ONCE have I ever walked into that shop and haven't seen him working away at something. He'll barely even look at up someone when they come up to talk to him. There's no "I'm gonna take a minute to talk to this guy" with him. All he does is work lol.

That and take into account that he's just about the only tech in the area. 2 minutes from my house. If I wanted to go to the next nearest place, (sigh) Guitar Center, I'd have drive a good 30 minutes in good traffic...

• Members

SCAM SCAM SCAM.

When your 15th in line for a setup and he does yours before any of their guitar's and it's done well.... Then it's worth the $65 buck's cause it's 30 seconds from your house, it's done, your happy, and your playin it!

• Members

Post a review, dammit!!!!!!!! :poke:
:cop::wave::)

-Jaakko

As soon as I get it back! I'll write a quick piece on it. Right now I can tell you it FEELS like it should be perfect once the setup is done. I noodled around a bit on the higher frets (where it was still somewhat playable) and it felt great.

• Members

As soon as I get it back! I'll write a quick piece on it. Right now I can tell you it FEELS like it should be perfect once the setup is done. I noodled around a bit on the higher frets (where it was still somewhat playable) and it felt great.

Nice! Can't wait for the review. :cool:

Archived