Celestion-UK or China?

surfcat

• Members

I bought an amp with a Vintage 30 and I'm wondering if it's a new China one or older UK one. Where does it say China on the new ones? On the back label it says England but not "made in England".

Q: Where are the current Celestion speakers manufactured (England or China)?

A: CELESTION COMMENTS ON COUNTRY OF ORIGIN FOR MANUFACTURING

Celestion has been manufacturing products in the UK since 1924. Nearly 10 years ago, Gold Peak, a Hong Kong based company, purchased Celestion and Kef in the UK. Gold Peak is a large manufacturer in the Far East and builds for JBL, Fender, QSC, Samson, and many others.

Their factories are first rate and in fact, do not offer the typical low cost manufacturing for which China is known.

In the last few years, Celestion determined they would need to relocate from their site in Ipswich as the factory was very old, run down, and inefficient. Looking in the UK, Europe, and the Far East, it was evident that using the existing company facilities in China was the best alternative to keep up with record demand levels and continue to match performance. Earlier in 2003, Celestion began moving most production to China. The products still manufactured in the UK, in a brand new facility, include the AlNiCo Blue & Gold, G12M & G12H Heritage, and all Neo Products, including Century/Century Vintage/ BL Neo. Celestion doesn

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Is that on the round sticker? I can't find it on there or even on my older V30, which I thought was a UK one-it's 3-4 years old-not sure when they switched. The other speaker is recently installed, but I don't know if it could have been in another amp before making it an older one.

Archived