UPS is being weird..maybe?

2_Fast_2_Vader

• Members

so I bought an amp from someone on here. paid him $1300 for it, no less.

I get the amp head in the mail. no power cord. so, I'm waiting another 3 weeks until the cord gets here. odd eh? finally shows up, the head doesn't work. in fact is sparks inside. I turn it off and notice something is rattling around internally, I can't see something physically moving around. but I can easily hear it.

I email the seller, and he tells me he insured it etc...so we start going through the motions. first he tells me UPS wants a quote, then they randomly show up and want the amp to take to thier quality/claims center in my area. so I package it up for them.

I get an email today that they're sending it back to the guy I bought it from. he claims he doesn't know anything about it.

so here I am, no amp, no $1300. and the amp is going back to the seller. now, UPS nor him mentioned if they honored the claim or not?

I'm curious because my suspicions ran wild when he neglected to give me the power cord, and then took weeks to ship it out. as if the amp was already broken but didn't want me to find out immediately. but he's generally been on the up and up beyond the cord issue.

I'm just worried that UPS denied his claim and is giving him the amp back. or they honored it and he's just going to pocket the insurance claim and the broken amp.

does anyone have any experience claiming your insurance on something that was broken (supposively) in shipping or not? I'm not claiming the seller is trying to rip me off. I want to believe he's on the up and up. but I'm just lost as to what the heck is going on?

there's no way in hell I'm going to let someone walk away with that much of my cash, while I'm busting my ass at work trying to come up with tuition money and book money.

• Members

Why did you wait weeks for a power cord? Was it just a typical IEC cord, or something unique that only works with that amp? If I received a used amp off the internet, and it didn't have a cord, the computer and/or monitor would be coming unplugged pretty quick to try it out. It sounds fishy, and you may have gotten screwed, but I'm a little confused as to the chain of events here. But, keep trying to contact the seller before going off the deep end. IMO.

• Members

But, keep trying to contact the seller before going off the deep end. IMO.

sorry if it sounds jumbled. this is over a months worth of history.

I'm not jumping off the deep end here. just wondering if something similar to this has happened to anyone else. I really don't want to believe I was scammed on here. generally, most people are really cool on here.

• Members

yeah, I checked on the status of the claim and all UPS tells me is this:

"We will notify the shipper about the details of the damage claim."

which effectively keeps me in the dark. but if the amp is on it's way to him, it would make me believe that they've made a decision one way or another.

• Members

it's enroute to him. he didn't tell me, UPS sent me an email letting me know it was on his way.

I live in the middle of f-ing nowhere. I went to a couple electronics places, and they didn't have anything.

plus, he didn't tell me he was going to wait 2 weeks or so to send it. it was more of a "sorry bro, I'll send it out tomorrow!". then a week and a half later I ask if he sent it out, and I get "whoops. I'll get it to you!". then it shows up.

it's not as if I meant to wait 3 weeks for it.

• Members

Damnit...

Did you pay via PAYPAL or a creditcard? Stop/refuse the payment if so...

I've just heard folks getting {censored}ed in these situations of sending to UPS. They tend to send the product back to shipper and it ends.

If you come out bad..... give us the members name.

But don't out him until this washes out..........

• Members

it's enroute to him. he didn't tell me, UPS sent me an email letting me know it was on his way.

I live in the middle of f-ing nowhere. I went to a couple electronics places, and they didn't have anything.

plus, he didn't tell me he was going to wait 2 weeks or so to send it. it was more of a "sorry bro, I'll send it out tomorrow!". then a week and a half later I ask if he sent it out, and I get "whoops. I'll get it to you!". then it shows up.

it's not as if I meant to wait 3 weeks for it.

So your computer doesn't have a power cord?

• Members

Thats normal...

UPS did the same thing to me..I filed a claim the guitar was broke...they said they would schedule a inspection....they sent it to the local warehouse then shipped it back to the seller to get a quote on repairs..

He had to fax them a bunch of crap , the quote...the paypal..etc

I guess they are still going over everything.

UPS will not discuss any of it with me because I was not the sender, although I was the one to file the claim...I called them the other day to get a update...{censored}ty of them." I cannot discuss the claim with you since you are not the sender, you will have to contact the sender for info"

Yet they do not tell the senders any info either...lol

Archived