Custom ordered a Mesa Road King II head.

willhaven

• Members

Just walked into the Guitar Center and dropped 50% ($1,500) down on a brand new RKII head.

Black diamond plate faceplate, chrome chassis (with black knobs and chrome solo/output knobs), blue light.

They said it would be 2-3 months. :(

I've been on the fence with the RK since I first played one in 2003. The original heads weren't clean enough and the reverb was lacking. Now with the II, I've decided to upgrade. So, in a few months time, my 94 Triple Rec (same color scheme as the RKII will be) will become nothing more than a back up head.

Any RKII users here have any clips of the cleans and reverb channels? I'm really interested in hearing them. I wonder how closely they match the lonestar.

• Members

I'm jealous.
:cry:

Sorry. :(

Anyone have any RKII clean clips? I'm really wondering how wild the reverb can get.

I'm hoping to have a really super tight and crystal clear clean, a warmer rounder clean that would still sound nice with a fuzz box or distortion pedal into it, a medium-to-high gain channel that responds well to how hard you play, and the full out heavy distortion.

Right now I've only got the fat clean and the full on distortion with nothing in between. These days I'm into having more than just two sounds. :)

Now I need to get some new rack cases for my amp and my new rack based stomp box switching setup. And I see a revolving speaker cabinet I want. AHHH!!! GAS HURTS!!!

• Members

Nice going them Boogies are going up Feb 1st.

Talked to a manager at GC today, and he said if I want to order a new mesa better make it before than. Sounds like the price might go high the way he was saying.

Called Chicago and the sales rep there said " Man you wouldn't believe the boogie stuff being sold today." So word must be getting around about the price hike.

Later
Fire

Archived