VHT UL clip

Shiny_Surface

• Members

That sounds great, man! Hey I'm curious...which do you like better...playing both Mesa 2x12's at the same time or playing through the Mesa 4x12? I have one of the 2x12's and I was debating whether I should get another or just get a 4x12. Do they sound as big as the 4x12 when played together?

• Members
That sounds great, man! Hey I'm curious...which do you like better...playing both Mesa 2x12's at the same time or playing through the Mesa 4x12? I have one of the 2x12's and I was debating whether I should get another or just get a 4x12. Do they sound as big as the 4x12 when played together?

Thanks for the responses :)

If you want to run 2 Mesa 2x12's together, don't get the Roadking 2x12 as it's rated 4 ohms, not 8 like the regular Mesa V30 2x12's.

You need both 2x12's at 8 ohm's so you can set the amp for 4 if I recall correctly.

Still the Roadking 2x12 is a great cab, but I want to get another 2x12 rated at 8 ohm so I can combine the cabs if I want :)

• Members
Thanks for the responses
:)

If you want to run 2 Mesa 2x12's together, don't get the Roadking 2x12 as it's rated 4 ohms, not 8 like the regular Mesa V30 2x12's.

You need both 2x12's at 8 ohm's so you can set the amp for 4 if I recall correctly.

Still the Roadking 2x12 is a great cab, but I want to get another 2x12 rated at 8 ohm so I can combine the cabs if I want

Thanks for the reply, but I'm still kind of wondering about my original question. How does the sound of running two 2x12's compare to running one 4x12?

• Members
Thanks for the reply, but I'm still kind of wondering about my original question. How does the sound of running two 2x12's compare to running one 4x12?

I want to find out as well :D

As far comparing a single 2x12 to a 4x12, the 4x12 is deeper and more full sounding. The Mark IV sounds awesome through that Roadking 4x12.

The 2x12 is very tight sounding, a little more in your face.

• Members
Hey great sound, you really are getting some crunch there. Do you mind if I ask what settings you have? I find that the UL drastically changes its character with the presence and density knobs. Thanks

Yes I noticed when you turn the treble to around 2:30 or so it really brings in the high end.

I did not have the graphic EQ engaged. :)

Lead channel, pushed a little with the Bad Monkey.

Gain: 2:30
Treble: 2:00
Mid: 11:00
Bass: 12:00

I also had the "edge" button pushed in.

The volume was pretty low, loud bedroom I guess if you had to categorize it.

• Members

The recording sounds a bit thin to me (not quite sure why) but the actual sound is fantastic.

Probably sounds that way to you because there is no bass track. Put a bass underneath that song and it would really fill it up. That's right, pre-br00talz guitarists needed bass players to sound complete! Blasphemy!

Hah, anyway, sounded great man. When I played the VHT in stores I wasn't crazy about it, but never tried boosting it like that. Makes a world of difference I can see. Keep up the good work.

• Members
Yes I noticed when you turn the treble to around 2:30 or so it really brings in the high end.

I did not have the graphic EQ engaged.

Lead channel, pushed a little with the Bad Monkey.

Gain: 2:30

Treble: 2:00

Mid: 11:00

Bass: 12:00

I also had the "edge" button pushed in.

The volume was pretty low, loud bedroom I guess if you had to categorize it.

That's funny we have very similar settings but I run mine through a Fatbottom. I have the bass a bit higher but also without the eq engaged. Do you have the presence and density around 12 as well? Is the mid-shift in?
I've been reading positive reviews about the xotic rc booster with this head but that pedal is pricey. I might just try to set up the graph eq for a lead boost.
Thanks

• Members
That's funny we have very similar settings but I run mine through a Fatbottom. I have the bass a bit higher but also without the eq engaged. Do you have the presence and density around 12 as well? Is the mid-shift in?

I've been reading positive reviews about the xotic rc booster with this head but that pedal is pricey. I might just try to set up the graph eq for a lead boost.

Thanks

No mid shift, I think the amp sounds more natural/organic without that button pushed in :)

This cheap Bad Monkey works well with all my amps, it adds a nice subtle push that feels great under the strings :love:

Archived