Knocked Up = great movie.

JoshuaLogan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't seen Juno yet, but love the other three movies these guys are in... Knocked Up, Superbad, and The 40 Year Old Virgin. And, yeah... sometimes they're kinda girly and have some chick flick qualities to them, but that just makes them so a lot of different kinds of people can enjoy them. They're still hilarious.

• Members

I haven't seen Juno yet, but love the other three movies these guys are in... Knocked Up, Superbad, and The 40 Year Old Virgin. And, yeah... sometimes they're kinda girly and have some chick flick qualities to them, but that just makes them so a lot of different kinds of people can enjoy them. They're still hilarious.

Juno is seriously nothing like those other movies. IMO it's a great film but it really isn't a comedy, it's just like, an indie film that happens to have some fairly funny parts and characters. It's really not a comedy, and definitely not one that's in the same vein as those 3 Judd Apatow movies.

• Members

Juno is seriously nothing like those other movies. IMO it's a great film but it really isn't a comedy, it's just like, an indie film that happens to have some fairly funny parts and characters. It's really not a comedy, and definitely not one that's in the same vein as those 3 Judd Apatow movies.

True, its still not bad tho. I absolutely hated the songs in the sountrack though.

• Members

Its {censored}ing hilarious. My girlfriend and I saw in the theatre and were rolling. I think those of us who are in or have been in long term relationships can appreciate it.

You went to the movies on pills? I can't imagine that being good :freak: to each their own though...

• Members

Its {censored}ing hilarious. My girlfriend and I saw in the theatre and were rolling. I think those of us who are in or have been in long term relationships can appreciate it.

And as the father of five, I completely love how realistic the whole marriage and kids thing is handled. BTW, the crowning scene during birth was brilliant! I delivered my last 3 children, and I found it hilarious.

• Members

the thing about superbad is that i had that exact experience (minus the cop ridealong) that day so i was like YES! it was pretty much 100% spot on with real highs chool life so i really liked it

Yes, but the problem is, high school is tedious. :idea:

• Members

The thing with Superbad is that most likely the majority of us has gone through one of those experiences that those cats had, ESPECIALLY the acquiring the booze for a party/kickback scenario in a less elaborated way of course. I know I've done my fair share of it until I found a local drive thru dairy owned by an old korean couple who never carded me at all ;)

• Members

The thing with Superbad is that most likely the majority of us has gone through one of those experiences that those cats had, ESPECIALLY the acquiring the booze for a party/kickback scenario in a less elaborated way of course. I know I've done my fair share of it until I found a local drive thru dairy owned by an old korean couple who never carded me at all
;)

The cirque du soleil/hotel room scenes in knocked up are {censored}ing hilarious if you've ever done shrooms.

• Members

And as the father of five, I completely love how realistic the whole marriage and kids thing is handled. BTW, the crowning scene during birth was brilliant! I delivered my last 3 children, and I found it hilarious.

I'm only 20 years old and loved both movies.

Anyways, in Knocked Up I think the director did a great job at showing just how different men and women really are. Hilarious and true. Haha.

• Members

The thing with Superbad is that most likely the majority of us has gone through one of those experiences that those cats had, ESPECIALLY the acquiring the booze for a party/kickback scenario in a less elaborated way of course. I know I've done my fair share of it until I found a local drive thru dairy owned by an old korean couple who never carded me at all
;)

The thing I always had to ask was "how do you not have at least one or two friends over the age of 21?"

I barely leave the house and I still have like, 3 :confused:

:lol:

• Members

Superbad tried to be a real situation but the whole thing with the cops luggin that dude made it completely unfathable. Looks like a remix of a lame quip from American Pie.

The best thing to date that Apatow has done is Freaks and Geeks. In fact, I'll watch that DVD right now......

Archived