Axe-FX doing Jazz/Fusion

JoshuaLogan

• Members

I agree....that's how I can tell the difference between SS, Digital, and Tube.

So far, still not $2,000-worth impressed of Fractal Audio.

Hey, even though it's been repeated a thousand times already, how about we just go and forget once again that the standard costs $1350 and is also a world class effects processor with every effect you could think of, oh for about 1/4th the price of a high end Eventide...... :o

• Members
Hey, even though it's been repeated a thousand times already, how about we just go and forget once again that the standard costs $1350 and is also a world class effects processor with every effect you could think of, oh for about 1/4th the price of a high end Eventide......
:o

Not quite man...the eventide eclipse 3.0 is $2000 brand new. That would be the comparable product.

• Members

Tone is preference. I'm sure there are thousands of tube amps you wouldn't like either. The point was, the clip doesn't sound digital....

Correct...But I posted a clip about 5 years ago of me playing with a zoom2100 FX pedal into a PA system...and everyone raved about it and thought it was tube. It's hard to tell a tube/ss/modeling clean sound sometimes. I liked the Lead tone in the clip you posted before.

• Members

Not quite man...the eventide eclipse 3.0 is $2000 brand new. That would be the comparable product.

The axe-fx can do a lot more than the eclipse, honestly. Especially when it comes to live use. The eclipse has a lot of drawbacks to it that make using it live a pretty big pain in the ass, unless you're mega rich and famous and have a ton of various rack equipment to cover different things.

I don't mean to go ranting on and on. It's just annoying hearing people complain about the price and calling it an "overpriced pod" when it's so different and does so much more. I was just saying, it's obviously not CHEAP, but it's really valuable for the price... It's the most complete, high quality "all-in-one-box" musical tool around... there really isn't anything else like it right now.

• Members
The axe-fx can do a lot more than the eclipse, honestly. Especially when it comes to live use. The eclipse has a lot of drawbacks to it that make using it live a pretty big pain in the ass, unless you're mega rich and famous and have a ton of various rack equipment to cover different things.

I don't mean to go ranting on and on. It's just annoying hearing people complain about the price and calling it an "overpriced pod" when it's so different and does so much more. I was just saying, it's obviously not CHEAP, but it's really valuable for the price... It's the most complete, high quality "all-in-one-box" musical tool around... there really isn't anything else like it right now.

Hmm, I dont know about that, I havent had any issues whatsoever with my Eclipse when it comes to live stuff. The thing is ridiculously intuitive. :love:

Although when it comes to amp models I would obviously take the Fractal, but thats what you buy an Eventide for.

• Members
I wish I could......I have a Fireball coming on Tuesday.....if that doesn't get along with my Laboga.......and it's still around.......then....ya never know..
;)
.....I bet it won't be though...

:p

Lemme know asap, sirs, because I've been thinking about it relinquising it to the demons of ebay pretty soon if nobody on the forums buys it. :o

:lol:

• Members

Hmm, I dont know about that, I havent had any issues whatsoever with my Eclipse when it comes to live stuff. The thing is ridiculously intuitive.
:love:

Although when it comes to amp models I would obviously take the Fractal, but thats what you buy an Eventide for.

Well, I've heard of a lot of problems with long pauses when switching presets that are audible live and can throw off timing... it also doesn't seem to be able to do very many effects at the same time.... The Axe-FX (and even more so the Ultra) have so much processing power and memory, you can run a LOT of effects at the same time and turn various parts of them on and off while keeping the rest of the preset the same. It's nice.

For what it's worth, a lot of guys with huge rack rigs have sold off their eclipses because they liked the Axe-FX better... oh, and with the new 5.0 upgrade that's about to be released, a whole bunch of new things have been added, and the pitch shifting has been improved. A LOT of patches are coming with it that sound just like eclipse patches, some of them improved upon....

• Members

Well, I've heard of a lot of problems with long pauses when switching presets that are audible live and can throw off timing... it also doesn't seem to be able to do very many effects at the same time.... The Axe-FX (and even more so the Ultra) have so much processing power and memory, you can run a LOT of effects at the same time and turn various parts of them on and off while keeping the rest of the preset the same. It's nice.

For what it's worth, a lot of guys with huge rack rigs have sold off their eclipses because they liked the Axe-FX better... oh, and with the new 5.0 upgrade that's about to be released, a whole bunch of new things have been added, and the pitch shifting has been improved. A LOT of patches are coming with it that sound just like eclipse patches, some of them improved upon....

The long pauses were fixed with the 3.0 update. Dont get me wrong, if these things ever become more readily available I will be all over one for live playing, they sound fantastic.

As far as the Eclipse with multiple effects, using the combo algo's you can have 4 different delay times and reverb on just one effects block leaving the other open for anything from pitch shifting to chorus ect...

• Members

The long pauses were fixed with the 3.0 update. Dont get me wrong, if these things ever become more readily available I will be all over one for live playing, they sound fantastic.

As far as the Eclipse with multiple effects, using the combo algo's you can have 4 different delay times and reverb on just one effects block leaving the other open for anything from pitch shifting to chorus ect...

Check out this clip. It's a preview of the new 5.0 firmware update and showing off some new Eclipse-ish patches.

http://fractalaudio.com/temp/preview.mp3

• Members
Check out this clip. It's a preview of the new 5.0 firmware update and showing off some new Eclipse-ish patches.

http://fractalaudio.com/temp/preview.mp3

Very nice, those are very Eventide-y and sound just as good. Im thrilled to see a company pushing the boundaries of modeling with computer technology, god knows Line6 has been doing a great job. :rolleyes:

• Members
Very nice, those are very Eventide-y and sound just as good. Im thrilled to see a company pushing the boundaries of modeling with computer technology, god knows Line6 has been doing a great job.
:rolleyes:

Yup. I started off only wanting this thing for effects, but the more and more I hear of it, I'm thinking my entire guitar setup is going to revolve around it... whether it ends up through powered monitors or though a vht poweramp and guitar cabs....

Archived