Saddest Song ever?

FINgers

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just did "4 and 20" last night for the first time in a long time. "and I find myself just wishing that my life would simply cease".

That's pretty sad.

I bet that are even more sad songs, but I wouldn't bet against James Taylor on anything.

Jeff

• Members

Originally posted by JCIsbell

I just did "4 and 20" last night for the first time in a long time. "and I find myself just wishing that my life would simply cease".

That's pretty sad.

I bet that are even more sad songs, but I wouldn't bet against James Taylor on anything.

Jeff

What song is that from? (I only have the greatest hits album and two more, but I need more JT)

• Members

Originally posted by JetCityMatt

What song is that from? (I only have the greatest hits album and two more, but I need more JT)

Sorry, I was unintentionally misleading. "4 & 20" is from Crosby Stills and Nash I think. It's Stephen Stills anyway.

James Taylor just happens to be my favorite lyricist in many ways and the thread started with "Fire and Rain".

"Another Grey Morning" is pretty sad.

"She said "Make me angry, or just make me cry - but no more grey mornings, I think I'd rather die""

Jeff

• Members

"And the band played Waltzing Matilda"

Recorded by the Pogues (not sure of the author. Man that ones rough. --- this is not the Watzing Matilda everyone knows though that's incorporated into the song.

Sam Stone --- John Prine.

Someday Never Comes -- CCR

and .... um.... Puff the Magic Dragon.

Archived