Tell me about the VHT Deliverance 4x12!

JoshuaLogan

• Members

I've been doing a bunch of reading and I think I now want to replace my Bogner 4x12 with a VHT Deliverance 4x12 :o

From what I've heard, it's still very tight (although a hair less tight than the Fat Bottom), but also disperses sound really well... has a nice resonance to it. Can be ultra focused, but still breathe for nice leads.... would you guys agree with this?

I want something TIGHTER and SMOOTHER than my Bogner cab.. it's the best cab I've owned, but something is just not right about it to me.... like there's not enough treble, but yet it has a crackly/grating kinda sound to it in the mids..... and it's not really as tight as I'd like it to be. I have to run the presence and treble pretty high to get a tigther sound out of it, and then that gets annoying because of how the 4 v30's have that crackly sound... It seems so hard to find a cab that is both tight and smooth, but this is pretty much what I've heard the Deliverance cab is like.

I kinda like the idea of it being about 90% as tight as the Fat Bottom cab, but having more resonance and sound dispersion... supposedly it "breathes" well? Would you say that is true? If so, I think I'd like it a lot... I want tight, but I'd like it to breathe well for nice cleans and melodic lead lines. I don't need super, artificially tight response from the cab, because 1. I'll be using extremely tight pickups... BKP's... even tighter than emg 81/85 set, and 2. I'm honestly a pretty tight rhythm player. I want the cab tight enough to stay quick and focused but still be able to breathe when I swtich over to the neck pickup for some leads.

Do you think I should look into getting a Deliverance 4x12?

• Members

i liked the deliverance head with the cab. it was perfect...naturally. it was pretty good with the mark iii too. it has a slight sterility to it and its top end was a little harsh. the low end was pretty good though.

i havent played a 5153 so i cant really recommend it or not. i like the splawn x pattern cab pretty well. its got alot of stiff mids and smooth highs.

• Members

i liked the deliverance head with the cab. it was perfect...naturally. it was pretty good with the mark iii too. it has a slight sterility to it and its top end was a little harsh. the low end was pretty good though.

i havent played a 5153 so i cant really recommend it or not. i like the splawn x pattern cab pretty well. its got alot of stiff mids and smooth highs.

The 5150 III is getting sold either way. I've heard the deliverance cab isn't harsh at all.... quite smooth, but just very clear. I find my bogner cab pretty harsh, but NOT bright..... not enough treble, but too much of this edgey kinda sound with the v30's that gets on my nerves... it kinda keeps me from running the treble and presence where I'd like to.

I also kinda think the "sterility" as you called it would be something I like.... I like nice and tight, quick response, but not necessarily overly stiff, which is why I'm thinking more the deliverance cab than the fatbottom cab

I am slightly interested in how 2 P50E's and 2 V30's mixed in an X pattern might sound though....

• Members

VHT cabs are pretty harsh until the speakers are broken in. VHT and Bogner both outsource their cabs, possibly to the same company. If it were me, Id try replacing the V30s in my Bogner cab with something else first.

Well, that makes no difference to me either way considering the cabs are built very different.... mainly that the VHT cab is front-loaded...

Archived