Any of you tards replaced the pot in a G-major?

Lucius

• Members

{censored} was that a bitch. Took me an hour to get that stupid pot out of there. The problem was the big wheel mechanism was still in the way so I couldn't just clip the leads off and then suck them out. I had to remove every scrap of solder first. Oh well, its done. Cheers, Lucius

• Members

Broke the pot off (the one on the far right). Got a replacement and will change it out this morning? Anyone have experience with this, and are there any avoidable pitfalls before I take this thing apart? Cheers, Lucius

You broke the shaft of the pot, or did you break the plastic knob?

• Members

{censored} was that a bitch. Took me an hour to get that stupid pot out of there. The problem was the big wheel mechanism was still in the way so I couldn't just clip the leads off and then suck them out. I had to remove every scrap of solder first. Oh well, its done. Cheers, Lucius

Never mind my previous post...Where did you find TC parts? As far as the plastic wheels on the TC stuff, you can gently pull those off the pots.

• Members

Why are you asking us?

Prolly to see if there was any tips on common pitfalls I might run into such as "the parameter wheel" mechanism still in the way. I was expecting it to be a 10 min job but alas, that was not the case.

I broke the plastic shaft off the pot and lost the big parameter wheel all in one go. Dark stages suck, but so does hitting knobs with your headstock. I got the parts from TC directly. I just told them what happened and they sent out everything free of charge. It was pretty cool of them considering it was my dumbass fault. Anyways, it works again. Cheers, Lucius

Archived