a kinda catchy song I wrote recently

pumpkins33

• Members

Not bad. I couldn't listen to the whole thing because of the recording quality. I think it could be a good tune if you mixed it better and got the bass to where it doesn't just destroy everything else in the mix.

I couldn't tell what the lyrics were from listening either.

• Members

yeah, it's kinda tough working with a 4-track tape recorder. You'll probably notice there are more than 4 tracks on this song, and thats because I mixed the original four tracks to a cd, then mixed that into one track on the 4-track, and then added three more tracks. And yeah, one of the reasons the bass doesn't sound too good is probably because of the fact that it isn't really bass, it's guitar using a whammy pedal an octave down, the trick jack white used on seven nation army. i did probably make it a bit to loud, but listening to the mix on headphones it can sometimes be hard to determine how it will translate to listening to it regularly.

• Members

the trick jack white used on seven nation army

The first thing i thought of when I heard this song was The White Stripes. "I wanna be the boy that warms your mother's heart."

That's a good thing though.. I like the band. And thats some impressive determination to mix that all together with a 4 track :)

Cheers

Lan

Archived