Anyone here use Drumagog?

JoshuaLogan

• Members

Drumagog is intended for drum replacement/enhancement.. For that, its the industry standard, besides ProTools drum replacer.. So unless you are recording live drums with mics, it isnt really necessary. Just use DKFH, BFD or use a sampler like Battery if you are creating your beats from Midi.. I have used Drumagog and its great. But I couldnt afford it for myself, yet. There are free alternatives on the market which arent as good, but still manage to get the results I need... Albeit in a different fashion than drumagog..

• Members
If so, how do you like it?

Pretty soon I'm going to be getting a bunch of recording gear, and I've started checking out drum sampling programs like DFHS and the sample packs and things like Drumagog. It seems really useful.

Any of you use it?

I wouldn't pay $300 for it either, but that doesn't mean there aren't other ways of "acquiring" it... *coughcough* ;)

haha

• Members
Drumagog rules.

In our old band's recording, we replaced all of the kick with drumagog kick because it was recorded so {censored}tily, and it worked wonders.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.... original recording quality wouldn't matter too much as long as it was clean... could then doctor it all up with drumagog to get a great sounding track..... man I love the internet. :lol:

• Members

Drumagog works great, especially if you can record midi triggers off an acoustic set.

At that point any old sampler would work the same... Drumagog works more as an instant replacement of a live snare, for example. You can also use the sample drumagog plays and mix in the live signal underneath to blend the 2 and use Drumagog as an enhancement tool, rather than an all out replacement. Works great this way to keep the drum takes sounding more natural, but with more punch and cut with the sample blended in.... If you already have the midi notes, there really is no reason to use Drumagog. Dont get me wrong, it still will work, but that wasnt its intended design..

Archived