Uber vs Cobra for djent

warped79

• Members

Thanks! I can pick up either for a pretty similar price 2nd hand at the moment, and heard so much about Ubers ability to handle low tuned guitars and ultra low 3D sound the advertising points towards it for that sound.

But the Cobra's are always noted for their tightness so thought that would be a tick in the Cobra box too.

Do Cobra's get just as juicy sounding as Ubers? Or is it a whole different sound all together?

• Members

No probs! It's a Sherlock Fat Head - check the specs out online www.sherlockamps.com - the are made in Australia (the website doesn't really do it justice - Dale Sherlock is great guy who is pretty set on using the best of everything in his amps)

All tube, midi switchable, 4 channel, multiple voicing controls on all channels, gain boosts, dual presence, dual master volume, deep switches, etc all switchable/accessable via midi..

Designed to be a very versatile high-gainer.. Very cool easy biasing features too!!

FatHeadGreen_small.jpg

• Members

haha - it's a stupid term that people have used to describe the low tuned chugga chugga guitar tone that Meshuggah and bands of that nature have going on..

oh, in that case I'd stay far far away from the uberschall. it's way too loose for that style. (I've owned the one... the newest version...)

I'd be looking at tighter amps like Engl and VHT...

• Members

it was just a suggestion.

and honestly, I think even a 5150 would work better for that style than an uber.

yeah people here usually want heaps for 5150's now though you could buy a brand new 6505 for what they want for there 5150 its teh gayz.but if anyone imports a vht deliverance to aus ill be the first one buyin it :thu:

• Members

djent is that metallic sound you get from striking a 4 string power chord (ie 2 octaves in 4ths). beginning of sub levels or 4:53 in I by meshuggah are good examples.

I would think engl powerball would be the best for the djent sound though, with the super saturated tight thing it has. Some of tesseract's clips are done with the powerball and he is quite the djentleman. I also think the uber would be too bass heavy for the djent and it would get too flubby.

• Members

you're all ridiculous. i am in a band like that, and i use an uberschall. its awesome. totally natural organic sounding and roars. i use lundgren m6s and m7s in my guitars and its balls.

rhett, you bought the uber because of teppei.

you also used to talk {censored} about the dual recs, and now you own a dual rec rig (just because it has cream tolex?)

you also said most amps have a clean channell just like the uber (the volume issue) which isn't even close to true....

for some reason I don't think you're using the uber just because you like it (more vain reasons, perhaps?)

• Members

totally natural organic sounding and roars.

maybe that's the problem

it should sound like a BIOMECHANICALLY ENHANCED KILL MACHINE BULLDOZER :mad:

like a....

POD XT! :idea:

save0003cb2.jpg

Archived