OT: Internet speed test

Invicta

• Members

that thing's full of {censored}..

i KNOW you aren't getting 2.5 megabytes a second downstream on a cable connection...

(based on the previous thread about this... maybe you're not on 8mbps cable)

I am not on a cable connection right now.

• Members

I don't know, are you on an 8mbps cable connection?

In the last thread with people posting these results, there were a ton of people getting 20mbps download speeds on comcast cable... that just aint happening.

No, I'm on my work LAN, which is supposed to be a "2 mbps burstable connection".

• Members

All of you = pwnt. This is Cox cable BTW:

234135232.png

I've gotten higher before...up in the 30's, but it's also dependant on the server you connect to. I could only find one 200 miles away.

Edit: Here we go....another test with the NY server:

234136557.png

Basically I can download almost 4 MB per second (8 bits in a Byte)

• Members

Um...what's up with the puny upload though?

:confused:

I don't know. Most people I've seen do that speed test get similarly low upstream speeds. Are you on a business network? Usually they have a line for downstream and another for upstream, which is what makes the upstream so high. I'm just on a home cable connection.

• Members

Stuid question perhaps, but what wall goes into determining how fast your connection is? Is it purely down to your service provider and the what speed you pay for from them or will your system come into things?

EDIT

Cause this is mine

234142938.png

I am only meant to get 1mb broadband so fair enough....shit upload speed tho no?

Archived