So after messing with my Super Bass a bit more, here are my thoughts

Boris the Blade

• Members

I've had it for a couple weeks already.

First off, the amp has a crazy amount of bass. I keep it on zero. Even with it on zero, on Input II, it still has a lot of low end, but it gets more tolerable as you crank it.

I have also noticed that the bright channel is a little louder than the normal channel. So far I prefer the bright channel, but I do enjoy channel 2.

I really dig the clean sound though. On the bright channel, the map breaks up pretty early, at about 2. On the normal channel, it takes a bit more. Both channels take pedals extremely well, especially the normal channel.

I have finally been able to tolerate how loud the amp gets, so I pretty much crank it all the time. The distortion is a very raunchy, raw distortion. When you get up to volume 7 on either channel with a boost, you can easily play metal, though I think it sounds a bit too "stiff" for metal. Thats just my opinion though... There are a bunch of metal bands that use non master marshalls, so...

With the volume dimed, it sounds sick. :love: I love start out from low volume, to slowly cranking it. I love how as it gets louder, it gets dirtier and dirtier.

My room isn't that big, so the volume is insane, but I can tolerate it, even though I probably shouldnt stand there in front of my cab blasting it. But I do anyways. :wave:

One thing I do wish it had was EL34's instead of 6550's. My Splawn already has KT88's.

As for how long I will keep the amp, I don't know. I think I will either keep it, or maybe in the long run sell it. Because I still play my Splawn more than any of my other amps. I will probably keep it as the prices on Super Basses are going up. :D

thx for reading. Questions? Comments?

• Members

I personally think so. On my red bear I keep the bass on 3.5

any more than that and its obnoxious bass. I keep the bass on the super bass on 0 and on the normal channel it still has too much, until you really crank it and it kind of "evens" it out if that makes any sense.

Thats where i run it too, and even then if i crank it i have to turn the bass down or risk killing small mammals in the area.

Now i want a SuperBass.... Is yours an original or a Ceriatone or???

Archived