my new NGD = Ibanez RG7620 (pics + question RE specs)

Johansolo

• Members

finally got a new guitar...been wanting to get a seven for ages.

th_RG7620.jpg

its a RG7620 in galaxy black...

anyone know what pickups are in it as specs seem to vary on the website.

it has the ibanez low TRS bridge.

the transition was a breeze!!! going from medium to hard on guitar hero III was harder. i cant believe i didnt get a 7 earlier...this is EXACTLY what i needed to inspire me to get back to writing some metal

• Members

look at the tabs where the pickups are mounted...if the tabs are square it's a 7420 with ibanez pickups, if they're triangular then it's a 7620 that i think came with some sorta dimarzios

+1.

Both the 76xx and 74xx guitars were made in Japan, BTW.

That guitar is an RG7420 in Black Pearl, IMO.

• Members

thanks guys...yeah its made in japan...and from teh specs im pretty sure its the RG7420..the guy i got it off said it was a 7620 and looking on the specs i was expecting a lo pro like my RG3210. it actually flutters easier than compared to my lo pro and both 6 and 7 string are strung 009-046(with the addition of 054 for the 7)

oh well. etiehr way i still love this guitars. the stock pups are fine for now but ill prob replace them with blazes in the near future.

• Members

I think the 7620 was loaded with Blaze pups, could be way off though.

Welcome to the fold
:cool:

The Ibanez catalogs mistakenly listed the Blazes in the 76xx guitars. These are the same catalogs that for years called the Blaze pickups Blaze II. They were actually custom made pickups by Dimarzio, the New 7s, supposed to be like a Super Distortion(bridge) and Super 2(neck).

• Members

yeah, i think that may be a 7420 you've got there...

if i remember correctly the 7620's came in regular black (i have one) blue and maybe "vampire's kiss"

is it made in japan or korea?

I have a 98' 7620 and its dark green..I have never seen another one like it..

Great guitars. I even liked the stock Dimarzio Blaze II or whatver it is called.. I since have put in a new pickup, but the neck pickup was great. It blew out on me though.

Ibanez7.jpg

Archived