On buying a valve amp?

jseldis

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It any good?

For what I do yes, it is the best. Gets plenty loud enough for band practice, has that killer tube break up at higher volumes and sounds great with dirt in front ( I like the Muff). Nice eq section. Probably not a "metal amp", I am not "metal". If I was rich I would still choose to play this amp.

• Members

Hmmm......I'm looking for something about 60 Watts. :s

60 TUBE watts? I used to use 100+ watt solid state half stacks years ago and when I switched to tube I realized 5 tube watts pretty much blows that away. You can actually dime the {censored}ing amp and get great tone with unbelievable usable feedback unlike {censored}ty solid state squeeling. The beauty of the Blackheart Little Giant is the 12" speaker unlike the 6-8" speaker others 5 watt tube amps offer.

• Members
looked around, and the piggyback is a hybrid, which dosent sound like a tube amp. Id recommend the Blackheart that was mentioned before, or wait till the 15/7 watt Blackheart comes out and get that.

Yeah I have the Little Giant 3/5 watt. The 7/15 watt is called the Handsome Devil I believe. I can't wait til they release the Killer Ant 1 watt head. :love:

• Members
Yeah I have the Little Giant 3/5 watt. The 7/15 watt is called the Handsome Devil I believe. I can't wait til they release the Killer Ant 1 watt head.
:love:

ya, blackheart seems to be putting out what everyone wants, there even making that 100 watt amp, i know it switches down to another wattage, but i dont remember what.

• Members

Archived