tiny terror - can it do teh marshall soundz?

ilovemystrat

• Members

From what I've played, it was a bit dark and fuzzy for a JCM 800 type sound. I liked it, probably wouldn't buy one though. It's more of a Plexi sound, but without as much low end. Wouldn't be a bad rig with a good pedal in front of it, but you would have to want the Plexi sound, not the 800.

• Members

meh - why do you care what he thinks? If you like it - then you like it. The only person who matters is yourself.

I'm just curious if that's his definition of "harsh". Regardless of what he says, it's not going to change my opinion. Your reply comes off as somehow trying to educate me(also a bit snarky), and believe, I'm well aware of what I like.

• Members

I'm just curious if that's his definition of "harsh". Regardless of what he says, it's not going to change my opinion. Your reply comes off as somehow trying to educate me(also a bit snarky), and believe, I'm well aware of what I like.

No snark, just dunno why you cared so much what someone else thought - there's always gonna be folk round that hate stuff and sometimes they haven't actually even given it a real chance.

Anyway, nah - my TT and all the clips with it are with the stock tubes, which are JJ's. I tried some others out for kicks when I took it apart to have a gander at the innards (which are very pretty by the way) but none of them sounded that different to stock.

I think it's a funky little amp. I use it for recording and practise and think it excells, it's also a riot if you crank it up with a band through a 2x12" or 4x12".

• Members

No snark, just dunno why you cared so much what someone else thought - there's always gonna be folk round that hate stuff and sometimes they haven't actually even given it a real chance.

Anyway, nah - my TT and all the clips with it are with the stock tubes, which are JJ's. I tried some others out for kicks when I took it apart to have a gander at the innards (which are very pretty by the way) but none of them sounded that different to stock.

I think it's a funky little amp. I use it for recording and practise and think it excells, it's also a riot if you crank it up with a band through a 2x12" or 4x12".

It had little to do with his opinion, but more so to do with perhaps the TT he had played being different than yours. If he had said his sounded exactly like yours, I would have went along with the opinion that his idea of harsh and fizzy was a bit different than mine. As it is, it would seem somethign else was going on, as he says yours sounds different than the one he played on. If I cared so much what other people thought on this board I wouldn't be playing the style of music I do, through the gear that I do.

• Members

well!

i have a tiny terror and i agree, the gain is awful. it's thin and fizzy to my ears when you turn it past 12 ocklock. however, with a boost it's one of the greatest amps ever!

i have it plenty loud, the gain set to about 10 oclock and boost it, it sounds godly! really, sounds perfect for heavy rock.

i also have a marshall super bass and the orange to me sounds not even slightly marshally in comparison. the marshalls mids make it sounds like a marshall, the tiny terror is way darker and less middy. it's still vintage sounding though.

yeh, just buy it!

• Members

You can check out the clip on youtube where there's a demo of the TT boosted with the MXR line booster.

From my experience, the TT is one nasty metal riffing machine. I set the gain to 12-3 o'clock and boost it with a tube screamer. Amazingly tight tones.

• Members

You can check out the clip on youtube where there's a demo of the TT boosted with the MXR line booster.

From my experience, the TT is one nasty metal riffing machine. I set the gain to 12-3 o'clock and boost it with a tube screamer. Amazingly tight tones.

No added gain, just boost? I've heard people doing that with this amp to keep everything tight, and using a 4x12 for the additional bottom end.

Archived