Orange vs. Dr.Z ??

pan760

• Members

Ok so I know they are two differently built amps and will sound different but which is better for cleans, overdrive, versatility, etc. Having is two channels is a must.

It also seems like the Orange amps are slightly more affordable.

Whats the lowdown on these two companies.

• Members

Dr. Z is several notches above teh Orange, although I did like the AD30TC quite a bit. If you pull one apart, you see the Dr. Z is a much better constructed map. Wiring is a bit sloppy on the AD30 and the power jack burnt out on mine.

Orange will let you play a bit sloppy and get away with it. Dr.Z are generally cleaner and much more touch sensitive....... great tone with certain models. The Mazerati GT is the most rock and roll of teh bunch :cop: If you can find an original Prescription, they are great sounding British flavored maps that have a Vox to Marshall feel. :love:

• Members

Not too many Zs fit this description.

Nope, but with the Z's they are so responsive to volume control that you can dial in grit and roll back for clean and actually have it sound nice, whereas a lot of amps just lose the gain and get thin....

either way, strange product comparison when only one (I think) Dr Z actually fits that discription, and all of the oranges except for some of the custom shops have multiple channels....

Archived