Rack advice

Matheau

• Members

I'm currently planning on building a rack, and I just wanted to get some input. The tone is more along the lines of power or symphonic metal, with some clean work as well.

1) A power conditioner (haven't really looked too much into the exact one yet)

2) An Engl Tube Preamp E 530

3) QSC USA 370 Power Amp (the 8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, rating for each channel is 110 Watts, I'm pretty sure that is the number I should be going with)

My big concern is with the power amp, the reason I want to use it is because I was given it for free. I'm not too sure how well it will actually work as a guitar power amp, since it was from a P.A.

Any input on anything else I would need or how well this would work would be appreciated.

• Members

that PA poweramp is probably just good enough for bedroom wankery but if you want to play with a band you will need a tube poweramp.

Or you could just go direct to your band PA from the preamp (I dont know if that particular one is designed for that)

• Members

110w per channel is more than enough... you should plan on upgrading the power amp in the future mainly for tone.. but you should have more than enough volume with this one.

the good thing about a rack system is that it is modular, so you can start with what you have and upgrade certain components later

Archived