Steven Slate Drums 2.0 -- Heard of these yet?

JoshuaLogan

• Members

Steven, will I have to pay for this update?

I'm pretty sure we do have to, but I think I remember reading updates are pretty cheap... something like $30? I THINK I read that before. Not sure though... I hope it's not too much.

• Members

I actually have DKFH Superior and these kick the {censored} out of them. Seriously. If you cannot work with these samples then there is something more wrong with your work, not the "processing". Maybe I sounded like an ass saying that but I'm pretty sure you'll agree after trying them out.

• Members

I actually have DKFH Superior and these kick the {censored} out of them. Seriously. If you cannot work with these samples then there is something more wrong with your work, not the "processing". Maybe I sounded like an ass saying that but I'm pretty sure you'll agree after trying them out.

Yeah... they sit in a mix perfectly. being preprocessed is not a negative thing at all. I guess I can see where people might think that, but it's not a problem at all. the only thing someone might think they need is EQing or gating the ring of toms... but you can still do that...

• Members

I don't see where the "processing" statement really even comes from. You control the room and the skin. They take EQ EXTREMELY well which was very important to me. Even the Toms ring out so you can choose how much they bellow. It's not like it's one-hits that are stuck the way they are. They just sound like natural drums recorded by a pro in a pro studio. How they sound as far as processing is up to you.

Archived