5150 tubes from MF: Are Rubys good power tubes? (and other 5150 tube Qs)

Mr_GoodBomb

• Members

Heh, I am the original poster. It's cool man, I just assumed, it's in the title and in my sig, but if you weren't aware that I was also the OP, it's understandable.

I just realized that...Im all {censored}ed up today...Ive been nursing broken ribs and im on vicodin...Sorry bout that!!!:lol:

Friends should not let friends post on vicodin....

• Members

I just realized that...Im all {censored}ed up today...Ive been nursing broken ribs and im on vicodin...Sorry bout that!!!
:lol:

Friends should not let friends post on vicodin....

I just imagine a close friend standing behind someone, holding a wiffleball bat, waiting for them to start responding to some thread on a random message board, arms drawn back.

• Members

So, as far as I see, I'll most-likely go with the suggested Tungsol 6L6s. I dunno the different between hard, medium, and soft tubes. Advice? The other option would be Svetlanas.

As far as V1-V5, the options seem to be:

TungSol 12AX7

EH 12AX7EH

Mullard 12AX7

Sovtek 12AX7WA

Sovtek 12AX7WC

Those are the only 12AX7s I see offered, excluding Ruby, Groove Tubes, and Fender.

• Members

No need to be a prick about it. I wouldn't get Groove Tubes.

And I'm not surprised you don't care, since you'll turn around and {censored} people who give your clueless ass a hand picking tubes given half a chance and half a dollar.
:love:

Man, you're a total troll. Stop begging people for negative attention. Your "bit" is really tired. :rolleyes: You're ruining this thread for no good reason. I came in here to see what others thought of the topic and I have to watch you relentlessly bait the original poster? Get a life.

• Members

What about the Ruby tubes? No love? Are they a decent clean to moderate gain tube?

In my experience, yeah, they are, but in the same way that Groove tubes are - unless you've got some way to identify them more specifically, you don't know what you've got. It's worth the effort if you get a set of them and you dig how they sound to ID them at a place like eurotubes or Doug's because you can order the specific tubes you liked rather than rolling the dice that the next set you get will be the same kind. But if that's more than you want to get into, you're probably not going to have any trouble out of Ruby Tubes.

I had problems with Groove Tubes but I'd buy them again anyway. Just not from MF. They have a good enough rating system that you get pretty consistent performance out of their tubes, for what it's worth.

And as to the other post, that's the second or third time you've accused me of trolling. Think what you will, but I mean everything I say. Not going to bother me any, and if you really hate my posting, you're welcome to put me on ignore like the OP in this thread did. That's why it's there, after all.

Archived