You ever feel this way

Sandman31774

• Members

Nope...never...at least not yet anyway. I've had a wierd phenomena lately where a lot of musicians I grew up with and hang with have dumped all their rock or jazz gear and jumped on the bluegrass bandwagon (at least around here it definitely is a bandwagon).

Not me...I still play in my jazz group and have no intention of quitting. In fact, I plan on amassing even more gear this year. A like minded bass player friend of mine are even going to go totally against the grain and start a metal project in the next weeks. Hopefully we'll be able to find someone who isn't playing bluegrass to help after we finish our demos.

• Members
just simplifying life..selling majority of your gear and focusing on dobro or something?

Damn, I was just thinking this today. I was sitting on the couch with my old 6 string acoustic thinking "Sell all the electronic crap and buy a 3000 dollar Taylor" :freak: When I play my acoustic I play the guitar. When I'm plugged in, I {censored} off :cry:

• Members
Damn, I was just thinking this today. I was sitting on the couch with my old 6 string acoustic thinking "Sell all the electronic crap and buy a 3000 dollar Taylor"
:freak:
When I play my acoustic I play the guitar. When I'm plugged in, I {censored} off
:cry:

Wow...between gutting your gear and dumping your career I'm guessing you are really feeling the pull of life's changes lately. Hang in there man...

• Members

Damn, I was just thinking this today. I was sitting on the couch with my old 6 string acoustic thinking "Sell all the electronic crap and buy a 3000 dollar Taylor"
When I play my acoustic I play the guitar. When I'm plugged in, I {censored} off
:cry:

exactly :thu: , not that i would sell everything ever...my esp m-ii is my beloved!!!

• Members
My wife has always said, " When you play acoustic guitar you sound so good but when you play electric you only make noise"
I think I agree with her. When I'm plugged in I'm always {censored}ing with the controls.

Screw that. An acoustic guitar will only ever sound like a guitar.

But with the right combination of equipment you can make an electric guitar sound like a guitar, do teh brutalz, a tiger, a spaceship, a dildo...whatever the {censored} your imagination desires.

An acoustic is great, but it will never sound like a dildo.

• Members
Dildo midz come pre-scooped.

It's built in br00t@lz!! See there's even a website devoted to it.

http://www.brutaldildos.com/

:p
EDIT: Yeah, don't click on that from work.
:p

Actually in addition to pre-scooped dildos, it becomes more complicated than that and the tone can require a LOT of tweaking. For instance, is the dildo turned on or off? Ribbed or smooth? Is it inserted or "dry"? I won't even get into the actual orifice of the dildo sound being played...it wouldn't be pretty. Replicating the sound of a dildo on the electric guitar is an art form unto itself. Eric Johnson's dildo tones, pre-1992 of course, are usually what I consider to be the reference "point" though many claim the guitarist for Blue Cheer was one of the originators. EJ was also said to be pretty picky about the brand of batteries used.

And with that I will end my thread hijack (sorry OP).

• Members
Actually in addition to pre-scooped dildos, it becomes more complicated than that and the tone can require a LOT of tweaking. For instance, is the dildo turned on or off? Ribbed or smooth? Is it inserted or "dry"? I won't even get into the actual orifice of the dildo sound being played...it wouldn't be pretty. Replicating the sound of a dildo on the electric guitar is an art form unto itself. Eric Johnson's dildo tones, pre-1992 of course, are usually what I consider to be the reference "point" though many claim the guitarist for Blue Cheer was one of the originators. EJ was also said to be pretty picky about the brand of batteries used.

And with that I will end my thread hijack (sorry OP).

Thread "jack" indeed!!
:thu:

Archived