A SWITCH ON MY AMP

bmast160

• Members

I have a crate ca60d acoustic amp...heres the manual

http://www.crateamps.com/pdf/manuals/CA60D_1999.pdf

there is a switch on it called "active/piezo"...it says "use this switch to select the type of pickup on your instrument. for active electronic pickups, set the switch to active. for passive/magnetic pickups set it to "piezo"...this is confusing me because fishman matrix pickups are active piezo pickups and fishman rare earth blend pickups are active magnetic pickups...yet if is active the switch is supposed to be out and if its magnetic its supposed to be in...anyone understand..:freak:

• Members

If it has a battery, set it to active/piezo.

Simple enough?

-W

no. no. the switch is active/piezo...as in...if the switch is out its on the active setting and if the switch is in its on the piezo setting.

it says if the pickup is active the switch is out(the active setting) and if its passive/magnetic its in(the piezo setting)...i have a fishman rare earth blend which is an active and magnetic pickup

• Members

I'm sure it's just a 10db pad. Do what sounds right.

just wondering cause im looking to get the baggs m1 pickup and im not sure if i should get it active or passive...i dont know which will work the best and with which setting...so i dont have to buy both

Archived