Another.. NAD: Mesa Boogie Mark IV and Roadster content

MrSandMan

• Members

haha, they are hard to find.. i just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

let me know if you want to sell it:poke:

I really think that the only other amp I would every buy.

can you give us a review and clips..i want to see iff its really worth it:cop:

• Members
let me know if you want to sell it:poke:

I really think that the only other amp I would every buy.

can you give us a review and clips..i want to see iff its really worth it:cop:

I had clips of the 64th and 929th recto made.. I'll try to dig those up

The R-0064 is REV C and extremely ice pick treble.
The R-0929 is REV F and extremely dark, no treble.

The R-0503 (I believe is the last pre500 built to pre500 spec) is REV D and it will be a happy medium between the other two above.

Pre500 had two Revisions.. which is Rev C and Rev D. I think Recto R-0504 will be the first REV F.

Up until late 1992 to approx R-01000 Mesa boogie used the same OT and Choke in the Recto line. Virtually making these Dual Rectos 'different' than the more recent REV-F then on to the REV-G.

I think it's safe to say that none of these rectos are the 'holygrail' as some people like to claim and hype up to increase the sale. IMHO, they are equally all great amps... just different. :thu:

• Members
I had clips of the 64th and 929th recto made.. I'll try to dig those up

The R-0064 is REV C and extremely ice pick treble.

The R-0929 is REV F and extremely dark, no treble.

The R-0503 (I believe is the last pre500 built to pre500 spec) is REV D and it will be a happy medium between the other two above.

Pre500 had two Revisions.. which is Rev C and Rev D.
I think
Recto R-0504 will be the first REV F.

Up until late 1992 to approx R-01000 Mesa boogie used the same OT and Choke in the Recto line. Virtually making these Dual Rectos 'different' than the more recent REV-F then on to the REV-G.

I think it's safe to say that none of these rectos are the 'holygrail' as some people like to claim and hype up to increase the sale. IMHO, they are equally all great amps... just different.
:thu:

Ah gotcha thanks:thu:
What # is the one comng in for you?
+1 on comparing it to the roadster. I heard they are really similar

• Members

I REALLY would like you to compare the sound of the Roadster, the Pre500 and the 3 Chan when you have them all. Some people say that the Roadster sounds like pre500, so I'm curious to see what your take on it is.

don't believe it. Roadster doesn't have the ice pick treble like pre500. And the Roadster isn't dark like REV-F.

Roadster really has a slightly different tone of it's own.. However, the untrain ear probably won't be able to tell the difference in the more recent REV-G 3 channel in the drive channel... Yet that isn't really fair to compare either because Roadster has amazing cleans.

I have some youtube clips of the last Roadster that I had. Just youtube "gearvault"

• Members
wouldnt that make the roadster better than both:idk:

ice pick treble isnt that appealing to me.

I would get flamed for calling it ice pick treble by pre500 owners. That's the best word I know how to describe it.. and words I've seen other people describe them.

You have to remember back in 1992 the type of music we had back then. I think shred was really becoming big time. George Lynch swore by this amp, calling it the "holygrail". yet I don't believe he uses the 'holygrail" today :confused:

The style of music was different back then.. I believe the late 1992 - 1994 REV-F was a focus on 'Grunge' style.

EDIT: And I think (again I have not looked into this) but Metallica Black was what helped Recto become more noticed.. and that was REV-G.

Archived