drunken bedroom demo

seaneldon

• Members

hey folks. first timer here in the songwriting forum. i'm mainly a "studio" guy, but you'd never know from what i'm about to show you, haha.

quite some time ago i wrote a song during a drunken blackout and apparently recorded it in my friend's bedroom with MIDI drums and bass, and the computer's built in mic...

and i'm really proud of the song! it's a straight up pop tune, compared to what i usually do. kind of an alt-country feel.

http://www.asobrock.com/seankit/storyfull.mp3

i'm gonna record it for REAL at the studio this week. i'll post that one up against this.

whaddya think? not bad for a raging alcoholic, eh?

• Members

That sounds pretty awesome. The vocals are stretched a little thin, and I can't make out the lyrics, but the melody and arrangement sound really great. I especially like the harmony vocal parts that come in every once in a while. The chorus sounds a little bit like the verse, so you might want to add a little "sparkle" to it when you record it again.

• Members

Good song. It's good to have a recorder handy whenever inspiration hits.

I've jammed drunk a few times and came up with some great stuff (at least it sounded great at the time :rolleyes:.) I don't think I ever recorded any of it though.

• Moderators

Nice Sean. You've got a real cool "who's gives a f**k" vocal delivery. The arc of the song was great. Nice breakdown in the latter verse.

Yeah, record that sucker for real. It's kinda Ben Folds but I like your vibe better. Less "hip" irony and more meat. Cool tune.

Don't use any piano so you distance yourself from any Ben Folds comparisons. down stroked Mandolin instead?

Can't understand the lyrics... what's the hook phrase, or better yet, post the lyrics.

• Members

Yeah, I guess lyrics can go unheard when they were recorded with a 99-Cent-Store computer mic. An AWESOME 99-Cent-Store computer mic!

--------------

Tell Me Again, It's My Favorite Story!

Did you get the paperback of tryin' again

Have you lost your sense with a losing hand

Did I forget to mention how much time I'll spend

Working out this plan, it's so imminent

Yeah.

Trendiness is washing all your gold away

Nothing good can stay, that's just as they say

Tender is the heart when all the pawns come in

Just to celebrate the day when they all ignore clich

Archived