Marshall MG100DFX vs Rocktron V50D

klipnov

• Members

Anybody has experience with these amps?

I have tried this two amps. I like the rocktron better but I want to know the reliability of these amps. To me the MG100DFX sounds average and the rocktron sounds a little bit better. The rocktron has two speakers 8inches each(25watts the each). Want to use it in a studio for band practice.

Thanks

• Members

lord have mercy on your soul... be happy u posted here before u bought anything...

first off my biased opinion is that 12 inch speakers sound best...

second... what type of music do you play and whats your budget?

• Members

Just because it says Marshall on the front, doesn't mean {censored}. the MG series are a P.O.S solid state amp.

Just for the hell of it, I looked a review of a MG amp a while back, and some people said "It's Marshall, so you know it's going to sound awesome" That , made me laugh.:lol:

• Members

I had the MG100DFX.

Within a month it had a bad fan noise at start up - it would last about 30 seconds then it was fine. I had two of them and they did the same damn thing.

The distortion is {censored}. The cleans are ok, the effects are alright.

I am glad I dont have it anymore.

MG = Marshall Garbage.

• Members

thanks people....

i just want quite good cleans and distortion for around 200 - 300usd..

the music type is universal cause different kinds of people are gonna use this amp but mainly metal,rock and funk.

Anyways the reliability is what i'm searching for.

• Members

I dont see why there is all this bashing for the MG series.. You can actually get some good, tight metal tones from them and they track pretty easily as well.

If it is for home use, you can find an MG half stack for like 300$...which I'm guessing is pretty close to the price of one of the combos new...if not less.

If you like the rocktron better...then just trust your ears and get that.

The MG100HDFX I have here in the studio had a loud/noisy fan when it came in and I just disconnected it...while waiting for the new part (fwiiw...no one wants to sell marshall parts)...none the less...its built like total crap, but when you think about it....what amp in this price range isn't built cheap?

Hope that helps,

-KYLE D

Archived