Laney AOR 50 guys

luke978

• Members

I want one. Anybody selling one?

How well do they clean up?

What's the deal with the effects loop on the series I heads? I understand that the loop is unbuffered and causes an 8db volume boost. I'm planning on running a delay in the loop and I'm worried it will distort a delay pedal. Does anyone know?

• Members

I want one. Anybody selling one?

How well do they clean up?

What's the deal with the effects loop on the series I heads? I understand that the loop is unbuffered and causes an 8db volume boost. I'm planning on running a delay in the loop and I'm worried it will distort a delay pedal. Does anyone know?

The AOR's are fine amps, all of them... they clean up fine because they aren't oozing with gain in the first place, and as for the loop.... if it has a volume mix control I wouldn't worry about it.

There are also some very straight forward mods you can do to them that will turn them into monsters.

• Members

The AOR's are fine amps, all of them... they clean up fine because they aren't oozing with gain in the first place, and as for the loop.... if it has a volume mix control I wouldn't worry about it.

There are also some very straight forward mods you can do to them that will turn them into monsters.

I know the Series II heads have a buffered loop, but the Series I has the better tranny's and components. I still can't believe they're so cheap.

• Members

I know the Series II heads have a buffered loop, but the Series I has the better tranny's and components. I still can't believe they're so cheap.

Yeah go for it man... you'll like the amp, everyone at least appreciates the amp for the price. The one I had liked to blow fuses though... if you experience that, then just get a fuse with .5A more rating - it will still blow if there's a major problem, but it won't blow sporadically.

• Members

How well the AOR cleans up depends on whether you have the eq boosts engaged and where you have the gain set at. Mine at least has a lot of gain when the eq boosts are engaged and doesn't clean up that great when set for a heavier sound. It will clean up a bit, but unless you're using low output pickups it will only clean up to a lower gain sound. Without any boosts engaged, it cleans up quite nicely and can go from a nice hard rock tone to fairly clean by rolling back your volume knob. My AOR has some mods but they're awesome amps stock as well.

• Members

How well the AOR cleans up depends on whether you have the eq boosts engaged and where you have the gain set at. Mine at least has a lot of gain when the eq boosts are engaged and doesn't clean up that great when set for a heavier sound. It will clean up a bit, but unless you're using low output pickups it will only clean up to a lower gain sound. Without any boosts engaged, it cleans up quite nicely and can go from a nice hard rock tone to fairly clean by rolling back your volume knob. My AOR has some mods but they're awesome amps stock as well.

Sounds like its right up my alley.

What mods have you done to yours?

• Members

Ohh... what mods are those? I'm very interested in getting one of these amp's also. Not for the clean though:cop:

:thu:

Archived