Between the Buried and Me -- Colors....

Polaris20

• Members

While I like the album and agree these guys are great musicians, I think they need a bit more focus. The album is a bit TOO all-over-the-place and show-off-ish prog rock wankery. I don't need to hear hardcore, metal, country, classic rock and prog rock all in ONE song. Really. I like the album but it's a bit too schizophrenic for me to love.

• Members

yeah they also wrote an album called the silent circus about 5 years back that was the greatest thing to ever happen to music. maybe look into it.

colors blows in comparison.

**and yes, you may say - why rhett, you have colors as your avatar...but that was three months before it came out and i was still pumped and praying.

• Members

While I like the album and agree these guys are great musicians, I think they need a bit more focus. The album is a bit TOO all-over-the-place and show-off-ish prog rock wankery. I don't need to hear hardcore, metal, country, classic rock and prog rock all in ONE song. Really. I like the album but it's a bit too schizophrenic for me to love.

This is basically how I feel as well. It has a lot of great moments and killer musicianship but so much of it seems like it could be left out. The transitions from riff to riff a lot of times seem really forced and out of place. The songs flow very nicely together for the most part but I just cant stand it when they will be playing a riff in 4/4 and have to make the last measure of the riff something like an awkward 7/8 just to transition into another riff. Totally ruins the flow IMO when you do this non stop.

• Members

The Silent Circus is better? I have it on my iPod but never listened to it. I'm gunna have to check it out tonight.

sweet jesus man...yes.

i have always said i wanted to compile a top 5 albums of all time list...and i seriously cannot find 4 other albums worthy...that i can say without a doubt, belong in it.

the silent circus is the perfect blend between beauty and brutality. ive never heard it done that well before. its their masterpiece, and they will never make a better album.

Archived