New Satch April 1, and new pedal!

BadHorsie

• Members

Can't wait for the new Satch disc, he never disappoints. There's a cool video on his website where he talks about a new distortion pedal he developed with Vox called the Satchurator. It looks pretty cool, red with chicken head knobs. I'll definately be giving it a try when it comes out (summer of '08). May turn out to be a cool boost pedal or maybe it will do great things through my Soldano's clean channel. I do know this- of all my favorite guitar players, Satch is about the only one who hasn't ever whored out his name to a piece of garbage ( cough cough...George Lynch...cough cough).

Long live Joe Satriani!

• Members

Like anything else, the pedal that's on the market will be different than his actual pedal. Sellout. Just like Vai. I don't think the JSX's were garbage, but a lot of people do. His 700 dollar signature series is nothing to write home about either. And I love Ibanez.

• Members

the whole not the same as the real amp thing im going to call you out on
when either satch or vai toured australia individually or with G3, they bought no amps with them, they had local guitar stores supply them with jsx's and legacys off the shelf
at the end of the tour the stores bought them back, with some added signatures, and sold them off at a handsome profit

so unless peavey and carvin sent those stores some 'special' amps, in Australia at least they used the same amp you can buy from the store

• Members

the whole not the same as the real amp thing im going to call you out on

when either satch or vai toured australia individually or with G3, they bought no amps with them, they had local guitar stores supply them with jsx's and legacys off the shelf

at the end of the tour the stores bought them back, with some added signatures, and sold them off at a handsome profit

so unless peavey and carvin sent those stores some 'special' amps, in Australia at least they used the same amp you can buy from the store

And you get this information from...????

And amp stores have techs, if this story is true, Im sure the techs went through the amps with a fine tooth comb before letting them use them.

• Members

So do ya reckon that Satch and Vai dont use their own sig guitars as per off the shelf? Reckon they use specially made for them guitars? I dunno, but regardless....I've got a JS1200, and before that had the JS1000 and they are IMO fantastic guitars with a great look, feel and sound. I'm happy with mine anyways. I also have Fender USA Strats and Teles, PRS Custom 24, and have recently sold my Gibson LP and SG...admittedly to fund another guitar thats being made for me...but my point here is that the JS sig guitar is a great guitar in its own right and is comparable in tone and feel and overall build quality/QC to all those guitars.

Who said $700 for a JS sig? Really aren't they more expensive than that over there in the USA? I just paid

• Members

Last time I checked you can only get Carvin gear from Carvin. You would be hard pressed to find a legacy in any store in my neck of the woods. I still think its garbage that they play different amps unless they are constantly making the amps better for the next series. I think there is too many other factors involved to buy an amp just becuase some one else plays one. They do have nice taste in signature amps though.

• Members

Like anything else, the pedal that's on the market will be different than his actual pedal. Sellout. Just like Vai. I don't think the JSX's were garbage, but a lot of people do. His 700 dollar signature series is nothing to write home about either. And I love Ibanez.

Vai uses legacy's live, I've seen it in person. And the quality of the $700 guitars is irrelevant, those are just cheap copies of the real JSX line

• Members

As for the JSX, I modded it quiet a bit to remove the "Cocked Wah" honking mids that were always present on both gain channels, more Marshall on steroids vibe now. Interestingly enough, every video I have seen Satch playing a JSX, he is on the clean channel, even though he has a high gain sound. Satch only uses the JSX for cleans, and uses his modded DS-1's for the crunch and lead tones.

I am a big satch fan, but from what I have heard on his website podcasts, this new album blows......

Archived